• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Island Air Duster machines, How much?

J

john1

Hey guys, Anyone have and idea how much the 1000 and 2000 Dusters cost from Island Air?

I can't find any retail pricing online and was also interested on if they worked well or not.

Thanks!

The Equipment Guy

The dusters have a sq. footage rating for each model you can check. They work well in a specific area to recirc the air and reduce smell, but if you have solvent printers or prints in the area, you will be replacing the cleaned air with new smelly air, so well it makes a difference, it does not eliminate smell all together. A "source air capture" system that mounts directly on a machine seems to do more for eliminating odors, but does nothing for the odors off of prints sitting in your shop outgassing. Island air sells both, PAT Technologies sells the source capture only.

The best of both worlds? A source capture at the printer and a smaller island air around you work table/print finishing area.

In a nutshell, they do make a difference. As many people have switched to ecosolvent or Latex inks, they are often available used as well.

Remember to switch your charcoal out occasionally.

Craig

J

john1

Hey Craig, Thanks for that information.

I was more concerned with getting rid of the harmful VOC's from the eco-solvent inks on my Versacamm. I am moving my set up into a office building and would like to vent the fumes. The smell isn't what bothers me, It's the talk of the harmful VOC's.

You can't hook anything directly to the Versacamm that i know of so the Fume Pro attachment wouldn't work.

Thanks!

Custom_Grafx

isnt it possible to put together a box with some extractors, fill it with active carbon and replace the carbon once a month or so? probably cost you a few hundred if that?

J

john1

Price isn't the issue as much as if they will filter the voc's to make the area safe or are they a hoax.

Custom_Grafx

Price isn't the issue as much as if they will filter the voc's to make the area safe or are they a hoax.

they aren't a hoax, active carbon removes voc's and other contaminants.

im in the process of sourcing carbon at the moment. my filter guy wants $1500 for a small box of charcoal and some fibre mesh... please....

whatever you get, make sure the consumables arent $1500 a hit...

Locals Find!

I got an associate that sells some environmental purifying products we use a few of the smaller models of air purifier ionizers in my office and it works great.

Check em out they are bit more affordable than $5000 www.MyVollara4you.com here is his contact info too Vern Westphal 239-275-4868

J

john1

Thanks Ad, Those look like what i currently have which are the RabbitAir bioGS systems. They work pretty good so far since i only print maybe 4 hours a week give or take.

Desert_Signs

Too bad you didn't post this last week. =( I just gave away my ICA duster. We used it when we had a Scitex XL1500 in the shop, with a fume pro and rooftop ventilation. It had been sitting unused for 2 years.