• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

It's cold and I am stuck...

showcase 66

So I finally get the car out of the shop and start my trek across PA. About an hour after heading out, I noticed it seemed to be getting colder in the car. Turned the heater up and sure enough, cold air. This sucks. About an a half an hour after that, I can barely see anymore. Windows are fogging up. Stopped in Milesburg to see if I can figure anything out. I think the heater core has gone bad.

Now the Fricken thing wont start. Seriously what the hell...

Waiting for my cousin to get off work and come get me. Its fricken cold out when you only have a leather jacket.

signage

When you say it wont start, what is it doing?
Does it turn over?
Did you smell anything sweet inside the car?

SignManiac

Check to see if the flux capacitor is plugged in. For the cold, pack two inches of snow inside your leather jacket. It acts as an insulator.

showcase 66

Not turning over. Turn the key and lights come on try and start it, nothing. It did kinda have a sweet smell to it when I pulled in a hotels parking lot.

signage

How long have you been sitting their?

Also turn on the head lights and let me know if they go out when you turn the key to the start position.

weaselboogie

how is your radiator fluid? A heater uses a car's heat from the engine. If the heater isn't working ( blower, but no heat ) I'm fairly sure that your fluid isn't being circulated...

showcase 66

How long have you been sitting their?

Also turn on the head lights and let me know if they go out when you turn the key to the start position.

Its fricken cold out there... Ramada is letting me stay inside until my cousins shows up. But the lights would dim down when I would try and start it.

cdiesel

If it's clicking but not cranking, and there's plenty of juice left in the batteries, you may have lost all the coolant, causing the engine to lock up. If that's what happened, you have a 1000lb paper weight.

showcase 66

If it's clicking but not cranking, and there's plenty of juice left in the batteries, you may have lost all the coolant, causing the engine to lock up. If that's what happened, you have a 1000lb paper weight.
Battery is brand new. So that should be fine. Guess I will check the coolant. If that is it my cousin is going to be pissed. Good thing I am suppose to leave tomorrow.

signage

You did say that you pulled into the motel and shut the car off, correct?

Was the car making any noise before you shut it off? Did it knock or bang while driving?

PM me your number!

Look under the car and see if you are leaking water/antifreeze. Did your temperature gauge give you a warning? Something similar happened to me last week (although I could still start the car). Turns out a couple of freeze plugs went bad and I lost all my coolant.

showcase 66

Coolant level seemed okay. Open the radiator and could see the fluid near at the top. Reservoir had enough up to the line. Tow truck showed up. And the car is on its way to Pittsburgh. My cousin should be here in about 15 mins or so.

showcase 66

You did say that you pulled into the motel and shut the car off, correct?

Was the car making any noise before you shut it off? Did it knock or bang while driving?

Yup pulled in the parking lot and shut it off. No knocking or banging. I had been sitting in the hotel for about an hour and half before I chimed in on here.

Cousin just showed up and now we will be on our way to try and catch the tow truck to get me phone. Going to be a fun night.

Thanks for all the help

showcase 66

Made it to Pitt this morning. Still cant find my phone. Meet up with the tow truck guy just getting into Butler. Couldnt find it in the car. Without having the car I had to rely on my cousins getting me to Pitt so I can catch my flight. Couldnt stay in Butler very long. Sorry Jill, was really hoping to meet you.

Flight leaves in about an hour as long as no delays. Havent slept since waking up yesterday. Hopefully I dont piss to many people off on the plane if I start snoring.

Again, Thanks for the help last night.

Vegas is suppose to be in the High 60's today. After freezing last night, I cant wait.