• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rant I've frickin' had it.............................................

Johnny Best

If all else fails give it a good kick in the hard drive. Sometimes you just have to let these things know who is boss.

That reminded me of a joke on how to catch a Polar Bear.. You dig a hole in the ice and put little green peas all the way around the hole and when the bear comes up to take a pee you kick him in the icehole!

Snydo

I would try running Illy in Compatibility mode if you're on Windows 10. Just right-click the Illustrator icon and under 'Preferences' look for a compatibility tab and set it to Windows 7. Running older software on a current OS is asking for trouble.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Some other things to consider; a bad stick of RAM can do things like this, if you're doing something complex a low-powered or bad power supply can create voltage fluctuations and cause problems, not enough memory, or scratch disc space, and as I have said before, delete your temp files regularly. Every time you install a program or it crashes it leaves behind a temp file that can cause havoc.

Computers are like people, they have a personality based on the hardware and software installed and they get cranky as they get older...

I agree, test for RAM problem... that and bad caps/failing HDD are usually the cause of random crashes

mfatty500

What about deleting your temp file folder? I do it every time I start my computer. I don't know if that's a thing with AI or just Corel (I use Corel)

GB2

Old Member
Gino, I see from your image that you are running Photoshop and Quickbooks at the same time....there's probably too much money in your account and that's creating the problem...

Steenland

Old Member
I have the same problem (Illustrator and InDesign quitting randomly), and I believe it's because I'm running older versions of the apps on a newer operating system. I figure it's the price I pay for refusing to give in to Adobe's subscription extortion racket.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I have the same problem (Illustrator and InDesign quitting randomly), and I believe it's because I'm running older versions of the apps on a newer operating system. I figure it's the price I pay for refusing to give in to Adobe's subscription extortion racket.

Yeah, kinda what I'm thinking.

ikarasu

Have you considered installing windows 7 on your pc? In most cases it'll work fine, unless you have a rare pie e of hardware that has no drivers for windows 10... But most things do since a lot of people / businesses run windows 7 still.

untitled

Any time I have issues with Illustrator I will reset the preferences and that would normally clear up the issues. Pretty much close Illustrator and delete the preferences folder. When you reopen Illustrator it will automatically recreate the folder, however you will have to setup all of your menus again the way you like them.

Illustrator preferences located here --> <OSDisk>\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator <version number> Settings\en_US*\x64\Adobe Illustrator Prefs
Adobe article about it --> About preferences

It could be a RAM or power supply issue, but you would think it would affect more than just Illustrator. Then again I have had them do weird things before.