• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Discussion I've owned an HP R1000 since April 2019, ask me anything

dbot

Thanks for the reply’s!!
We got one client now it’s an international bank and their spec is a blue acm sign with a dark blue fade at the bottom and then cut out letters with push through acrylic. So I was planning on getting blue acm and then printing a dark blue to clear fade and then running it through through the Zund for the cut out. Was not super keen on lamination though. And I feel it will mess up the look.

Hello everyone,

Feeling a bit chatty lately while working night shifts to keep up with a large job. Wife's running day ops which leaves me alone with my vices and equipment.

Anyway, as the title says we've had an R1000 in our shop since the first few months of US availability. We upgraded from a Scitex FB550 which we owned for a year before the R series was announced and we decided to sell the 550 and upgrade.

Being owner to new tech meant there hasn't been much I could find online when troubleshooting or researching in this last year. Even videos of the machine operating (outside of EU owners) were sparse. There is the HP knowledge center but it's still lacking for the R series.

So I'm here to answer any questions you might have. Maybe this can serve as a future resource for other R1000 and R2000 owners.
Good day Sir, do you have QR code password generator
Hello everyone,

Feeling a bit chatty lately while working night shifts to keep up with a large job. Wife's running day ops which leaves me alone with my vices and equipment.

Anyway, as the title says we've had an R1000 in our shop since the first few months of US availability. We upgraded from a Scitex FB550 which we owned for a year before the R series was announced and we decided to sell the 550 and upgrade.

Being owner to new tech meant there hasn't been much I could find online when troubleshooting or researching in this last year. Even videos of the machine operating (outside of EU owners) were sparse. There is the HP knowledge center but it's still lacking for the R series.

So I'm here to answer any questions you might have. Maybe this can serve as a future resource for other R1000 and R2000 owners.
Good day Sir, We have R2000+ and I need QR code password generator use on Diagnostic do you have it?

ToTo

Professional Support
The password is created based on technician credentials at HP. It requires to be trained @ HP.

ToTo

Professional Support
Good day Sir, do you have QR code password generator

Good day Sir, We have R2000+ and I need QR code password generator use on Diagnostic do you have it?
The password is created based on technician credentials at HP. It requires to be trained @ HP. Most of diagnostics are available to operator. Those who are not should only be used with necessary skills to prevent from additional damages.

I've had an R2000 a few years now and I regret it. Even with overcoat, aluminum and acm scratch way too easy imo. .040 aluminum and styrene are still a pain in the ass to print on despite what the sales people say. Good luck finding the right heat settings that don't cause the boards to warp and head strike yet still fully cures and dries the ink. Also with latex you have the added issue of needing to be super picky about which brands of boards you buy because you get all kinds of washed out looking or streaky prints unless you basically soak some sheets in alcohol before printing. I've had this problem on ACM and foam PVC. Unless a white ink system is must have I'd shop around if you just need a fast board printer. IMO the pros of latex don't yet outweigh the cons on boards. I'm happy to hear some disagreement and/or solutions.

parrott

The latex machines are plastic toys. There is no real production out of those machines. They look cool and you get the fancy HP badge but they will eat you up with consumables and service contracts. Not to mention adding heat to printing flatboards is the worst idea I have heard. LED is the best thing that has happened in flatbed industry in a long time. Instant on/off, low heat and cures very well (with a good ink set). You can print on practically anything.

I’m not saying they don’t have their place, but if you want real production…look else where.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Big firmware update coming out right now. Loads of little fixes and bigger improvements, definitely worth updating when the maintenance drops.