• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Jet best vs Bordeaux

Charly L

Trying to decide between these two. Any advice or experience with these appreciated. Thank you

I'm running a Roland SC 540.

gabagoo

I run Jet Best n my Mimaki and have found them to be much better than OEM in that I never ever get banding anymore and the ink is much more scuff resistant. The price is about half the cost of OEM.

Charly L

Thank you for your quick response. :)

How long have you used jet best? Any difference as far as clogged heads. Dx4's clog pretty easily. Also inks pray on electronics?

jason91

I have been using Bordeaux for a couple years and love it. Just found out my supplier (premier color) is not carrying it anymore...Where is everyone buying theirs at? I want it in bulk (1 liter bottles). Fellers has it in 440 but not 1 liter?

JasonMeisnerSTS

I have been using Bordeaux for a couple years and love it. Just found out my supplier (premier color) is not carrying it anymore...Where is everyone buying theirs at? I want it in bulk (1 liter bottles). Fellers has it in 440 but not 1 liter?

Hey Jason, I would be happy to help supply you with our Inks. We manufacture here in the States and supply is never an issue. Lots of their former dealers dropped Bordeaux do to struggles they had overseas with their manufacturing plant. Some of their dealers have gone to JetBest while others have come on board with us. I would love the opportunity to explain the differences and let you know how we can be a great supplier for you.

jason91

Hey Jason, I would be happy to help supply you with our Inks. We manufacture here in the States and supply is never an issue. Lots of their former dealers dropped Bordeaux do to struggles they had overseas with their manufacturing plant. Some of their dealers have gone to JetBest while others have come on board with us. I would love the opportunity to explain the differences and let you know how we can be a great supplier for you.

What ink do you guys have? do you have it in bulk?

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
So with that bulk system I am forced to only use the Jetbest Inks? Can I use the Bordeaux inks with this bulk system?

Jn316

We have been using Jetbest for the last 3 months, so far we've had no issue with quality and were compatible with Roland inks when we were phasing them in. I was very skeptical about 3rd party inks, but after talking to my Roland tech, he told me of the 3rd party inks out in the market to go with Jetbest because of his personal experience.

I have gone through 2 sets of cartridges and just got some maintenance work yesterday and so far we have had no issues.

Jackpine

I use STS in a Mutoh 1204 and it works great. Used it in a Mutoh Falcon also with no problems.

autoexebat

premiercolour is BY FAR the BEST to deal with , I ( Krazygraphics ) have bought ink from them and had questions .. they are the best . I looked at STS inks as I am in Florida as well , but it's more in price and shipping is more as well . Give PREMIERCOLOUR a try , you won't regret it .

premiercolour

Merchant Member
STS 440ML ink cartridge: $79 + shipping, 1,000ML ink bottle $99 + shipping.

JETBEST 440ML ink cartridge: $64 +free shipping, 500ml ink bottle $35 + free shipping via USPS 2-3 priority mail.

No more filling through funnels. Jetbest Smart Bulk Ink system - put the 500ML ink bottle on top of the refillable cartridge so it refills itself. Check out the youtube link below. Order by 5 PM for same day shipping from CA.

JETBEST ink is now on Amazon for fast easy ship.
https://www.amazon.com/JETBEST-Solv...8&qid=1503902148&sr=8-2&keywords=jetbest&th=1

We are the least expensive because we are factory direct to the consumers. No middle man here. Jetbest ink works as good as OEM. Search jetbest feedback on signs101. Save almost $100 per ink cartridge from OEM. Same colors, use with OEM ink cartridge, plug and play.

Tel: 714-668-9200 for more information

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Jason,

We have our own brand of inks which are STS Inks and everything is made here in the US down here in Florida. I have any capacity you like from 1 Liter, to 5 Gallons, to 220 and 440ml as well. I run specials for Signs 101 members. Please reach out to me directly at 561-419-7117 or drop me an email @ JMeisner@stsinks.com

That's great all your stuff is made here in the USA!

gabagoo

I am still using Jet Best inks after 3 years and have had no problems with the ink. I switched from the bottles to the cartridges as my chips stopped working after 2.5 years and my dealer here in Canada may have not been aware that they only last that long as he sold me on forever. He replaced them at no cost to me, but then problems were continual from that point on as I do not believe he was buying very good chips. After about 4 months of frustration I decided to switch out all the refillable cartridges, as they got low with the 440 ml cartridges and everything working like a charm again.

0igo

I was using bordeaux and i started getting banding on my cyan and magenta. Now i use jetbest and i like it much much better. I get my ink from PremierColour

FatCat

Many may know I've been using Jetbest for over 5 years in our Mutohs once I decided to move away from OEM. I've never had a problem with their inks. I briefly changed over to STS end of last year but had to switch back to Jetbest after a few months due to slow drying and issues with certain materials using it. Now I'm back to Jetbest - wish I never left...would have saved me thousands in wasted materials. Not trying to badmouth STS, and if it works for you great - it didn't work for us. Jason and his crew at STS were always great to deal with, just wish their ink would dry faster.

timber

I run Jet Best n my Mimaki and have found them to be much better than OEM in that I never ever get banding anymore and the ink is much more scuff resistant. The price is about half the cost of OEM.
I am still using Jet Best inks after 3 years and have had no problems with the ink. I switched from the bottles to the cartridges as my chips stopped working after 2.5 years and my dealer here in Canada may have not been aware that they only last that long as he sold me on forever. He replaced them at no cost to me, but then problems were continual from that point on as I do not believe he was buying very good chips. After about 4 months of frustration I decided to switch out all the refillable cartridges, as they got low with the 440 ml cartridges and everything working like a charm again.
hey! I am from southern ontario as well and am looking for a good place to buy ink. I recently purchased the mimaki jv300-130s and am trying to decide on which inks to use. Where did you purchase the jet best from?