• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Just curious if anyone already has this design...

judead

I am looking for a perf design. It is just something a client wanted printed so before I make one I was going to look and see if anyone had one already. Again just a bunch of little circles in a tight pattern that would roughly match the pattern of perf vinyl....

Mosh

Can you just do a circle, set your duplicate up to the right spacing and hit ctrl D?

iSign

shovelhead posted a link to something i think was called a "halftone generator'" some time in the last year. I downloaded it & messed around with it a bit. I believe it can do what you want, with a great deal of flexibility & control. Mosh's (say that 3 times real fast) ..Mosh's idea would work too, and might be quicker then searching an old post & downloading a software.. but the halftone gererator was pretty cool... so if you like messing with cool freeware on your holiday break... it will probably offer you a faster way, once you find it & install it... plus it can do gradient adjustments of the dot pattern & different dot shapes etc...

Mosh

If it is printed, in Corel there is a halftone adjustment. You can convert an object with a grey fill to a bitmap and use this to create "dots" known as halftones to us "insiders".

judead

if anyone could do this and put it in adobe format I would give a small fee. I don't have the time to research. If I don't get any responses then i will look harder and thanks for the help/suggestions so far.

Mosh

50halftone.jpg

Like this?

iSign

no, a hair smaller... ok... a smidge to the left... no no.. wait, to the right a bit... ok, can I see it rotated 27° ??

judead

LOL I am not that bad.. It does need some tweaking. It needs to have every other row of dots alternating in their position. In other words if you printed it it should look like this keep in mind I am using the letters o it should be solid dots. Also would like for this to be in illustrator... I don't want to much :p...

o o o o o o o o o o o o o o
o o o o o o o o o o o o o
o o o o o o o o o o o o o o
o o o o o o o o o o o o o

judead

Well that didn't work it left aligned them. The rows that are shorter should be slid to the right one postition...

judead

Shovel wanted to say thanks and everytime I have searched on this forum for a font, problem kinda like this you seem to be in the thread...

Have a good weekend guys!

judead

Alright I need to revisit this again as this job has finally come to fruition. I did use rasterbator, but it doesn't work exactly as I need it to so I set out to painstakengly recreate a perf matrix as the customer wants a diffusor. There is no middle ground this is what they want. So here is my question. If I try to make the file I have much bigger than 10 inches my computer locks slap up. I have a decent machine 4 gigs of ram and a dual core processor with windows xp and illustrator cs4. I have the file if anyone can help, but I just need to basically take the design I have and make it ~50"x96"

Can anyone help? No this isn't some simple dot matrix where you can just turn it 45 degrees as that is not what this is. I will post a pic if possible to see if anyone can help. I would at this point consider paying for someone to create the file so I can just print it or if someone could help point me in the right direction of what I need to do. Thanks in advance.

judead

Oh the best way I can explain this looks is if you took a solid color and had it on one layer then took a pattern just like perf vinyl and overlayed it that is what you would have. If you look closely at perf vinyl the dots are not uniform or a simple square turned on a 45 degree pattern. They are in a rectangular pattern...

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Lets see it.
I may be able to help.
I am only up to CS3 so it would need to be saved down from CS4 if you send it my way.

wayne k
guam usa