• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Just finished this sign today

Status
Not open for further replies.

ams

We made this all in house. 1/2" white acrylic, painted most letters black and one gray. Then did a print/lam on the graphic. They had that ugly banner with wind silts for no reason up, so we replaced it with something much better.

By the way, yes they should have painted the building first, but hey they are super happy with this.

IMG_7177.JPG

IMG_7178.JPG

IMG_7179.JPG

IMG_7180.JPG

White Haus

Not a Newbie
Looks great, huge improvement over the banner. Shame they didn't paint it before you put your nice letters up but I guess they only had money for one or the other.

If you don't mind me asking how did you paint the letters?

ams

Looks great, huge improvement over the banner. Shame they didn't paint it before you put your nice letters up but I guess they only had money for one or the other.

If you don't mind me asking how did you paint the letters?

Thanks, I sanded them with fine sandpaper, sprayed on a primer and then did 3 coats of paint with a Lowe's HVLP spray gun and an air compressor.

I agree. Kinda sad they didn't paint the wall. But this is a huge improvement over the banner. You can't even hardly see the ampersand in the banner.

Great job on the new signage, but no paint prior to installation is bizarre. Honestly, it doesn't even make sense on sooo many levels. But whatever, I guess. It's their gorgeous sign stuck to an ugly a$$ wall.

ams

Actually they couldn't paint the building due to the banner being screwed into the wall. Maybe in the future when they paint it, it will look more awesome.

SignosaurusRex

Unfortunately this half-assed approach of not painting a section off the wall before installing this type of sign will have a negative effect in the future. With a little fore-thought, you could have prepped for the install and painted a section before the install. A fast dry paint would have dried inside of an hours time in which you could have prepped the letters and taken a short break. The end result would have made for a very nice and finished product as well a thrilled customer. (Just My Personal Opinion)

player

Wall is horrendous. Sign guy should have insisted, and included painting that section in the price. Sign guy is to blame.

TimToad

Not to pile on but if your company can't afford to donate a couple gallons of paint, roller sleeves and a few manhours to your local anti-hunger resource center, you gotta raise your prices or rethink your level of charitable giving.

ams

Unfortunately this half-assed approach of not painting a section off the wall before installing this type of sign will have a negative effect in the future. With a little fore-thought, you could have prepped for the install and painted a section before the install. A fast dry paint would have dried inside of an hours time in which you could have prepped the letters and taken a short break. The end result would have made for a very nice and finished product as well a thrilled customer. (Just My Personal Opinion)

I didn't do the banner and didn't know what the condition was underneath. Also the tape on the wall for the template ripped paint off, it was in bad shape. But the customer couldn't stop saying enough great things about the sign and loved it. So as long as she is happy, I am happy. I will follow up with her to see if she wants us to paint around the letters.

ams

Not to pile on but if your company can't afford to donate a couple gallons of paint, roller sleeves and a few manhours to your local anti-hunger resource center, you gotta raise your prices or rethink your level of charitable giving.

I suspected nothing less than an ass of a comment from you.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
The way I see it, its laziness and not caring about your work or the customer. They didn't paint it cause the banner was there? But no one knew what it looked like underneath but when you removed it you guys saw it and didn't care? Didn't stop and ask the customer, hey this wall looks like crap, mind if we paint it BEFORE putting letters up?

Your letters look nice, but the installation is just thoughtless or laziness. People just do the bare minimum to get paid and go home. Sad

equippaint

Being the devils advocate here....I wouldn't paint it for free and more than likely they were not going to pay for all costs considering the circumstance so its a battle of who could care less, contractor wins that one. You're already out there to do an install with associated costs, who pays for that? Its not like you conveniently keep a gallon of matched paint and rollers with you. So you would have to call off the install, push back whatever else is on your schedule, go to the paint store, come back, paint, pay guys for that, wait until it dries, pay guys for that too. A phone call explaining the situation and costs would have been the best course.
Remember, you have overhead costs. When you do something for free, you are actually paying for someone elses project.

Status
Not open for further replies.