• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Just playing with avatar

Checkers

Not yet Doug, I'll find out in a few days.
I just submitted an application to a special unemployment program that may help me get things going. If I get accepted into the program, I can still collect UC benefits and start/run the business at the same time.
The program also offers 69 hours of business advice classes and up to 20 hours of free counceling with professionals from various fields. There are some strings attached, but I think it will be worth it.

Thanks for asking,

Checkers

iSign

I checked out that link you posted in Letterville chat. Can you post it again? I didn't look it over too long since I wanted to check back on the action, but I was confused if it was for self employment assistance or to help UI folks with a job search. Now I have a better clue. Sounds like a great opportunity. (makes your old boss help finance you going into competition against him... only in America :Big Laugh )

K

kevco

Doug Allan said:
(makes your old boss help finance you going into competition against him... only in America :Big Laugh )

Heck, my old boss didn't "finance" me very well when I was employed by him. He would have flipped if they had that program here. Of course he didn't take me real serious anyway till I pretty much took over the temporary sign market here:tongue: Good luck Brian! I wish you as much success in your new endeavor as I've had in mine and more.

Ursta Graphics

Looks good Brian! How about a full size image of your new logo? Congrats on taking the plunge from a fellow Pennsyltuckian!

Checkers

OK Doug, ya lost me. What was link about?
Thanks for the vote of confidence guys. I'm sure I can do it on my own, but this program should really be a bonus by connecting me with the right people who can help me start my business right. Plus, the others in this program will need signs.
I'm gonna try to post a pic of a larger logo...
CheckersCustomBBSAvatarLarge.gif

Keeping my fingers crossed :)

Checkers

Dave Drane

Yeah I like the logo Checkers. Has a nice friendly "retro" feel to it. Makes me wanna go and buy ice cream or something.

Checkers

Hey, that's not a bad idea guys. When I get things going well, I can decorate the place to look like an old fashioned soda jerk or diner. I really like the fun feeling that you get when you walk into thos places.
However, I guess it's probably not that great if it doesn't want to make you buy a sign :)

Cheers,

Checkers