• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

jv3 130 spII - yellow head seems to have issues

gabagoo

I have noticed this for some time but did not seem to think it was a problem. I have been noticing yellow ink on the stainless steel housing to the right of the capping station and it seems to be getting heavier with buildup.
I also notice yellow, way down on the roller that the rubber wheels rest on. Again only yellow and it is at the last wheel to the far left of the carriage. This has been going on for quite some time. I did have the yellow pump changed about 3 months ago.

Yesterday morning I ran a test print and it seems about 10 squares were missing on the print. I ran a 30 minute nozzle wash and it seemed better. This morning there are double that number of missing squares and am currently running a 60 minute wash.
I am pretty religious as far as maintenance and clean the capping station every night before I leave.
Any ideas on what might be happening? Is there something more I should be doing?

gabagoo

Hard to tell. but I would figure a slow buildup over a 4 month or so period. I have checked again after nozzle washing and it's running well again. Possibly it may be the high heat we are having and humidity? When I leave at night I generally turn the AC off until morning.

artbot

i think some pics would be great. there's a lot info conveyed in s photo of what a machine is doing.

gabagoo

OK here are 2 pics.... I have cleaned the area where the yellow was building but it was on that small piece of stainless that goes up next to the capping station.

Attachments

• yellow2.JPG
    yellow2.JPG
    55.8 KB · Views: 92
  • yellow1.JPG
    yellow1.JPG
    43.7 KB · Views: 70

artbot

looks like overspraying to the left. there are so many causes for overspray (ink, static, variable dot issues). when you look closely at your prints can you see any yellow overspray around the print? it's very hard to see in the yellow ink.

gabagoo

looks like overspraying to the left. there are so many causes for overspray (ink, static, variable dot issues). when you look closely at your prints can you see any yellow overspray around the print? it's very hard to see in the yellow ink.
I have never seen anything, but as you say, yellow is a very tough colour to see.... even testing the print pattern I use a blue light to see if everything is firing cleanly

artbot

if you print on some clear PET you can see the yellow by shining it in the light. the high gloss of the PET will be knocked down by the yellow ink and appear matte. also, you could put a cyan damper/ink line on that manifold nipple to get a better look at the print performance.