• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

jv3 160sp, change the pump?

artbot

lately i've noticed a puddle of ink in the black/magenta cap. figured it was just a mild clog. so i went to cleaning the line. but still nothing after a lot of cleaning. i've got a new pump here (from ebon for $45!) but don't want to put it on unless i'm sure the one i've got is dead, rather than me just not properly cleaning it.

so, can someone please give me some tips on diagnosing if it is savable and or how to properly clean it?

also, there is a strange sliding foot thing on the right of the pumps. the new pump doesn't have one. am i supposed to put the old on the new? and what is this thing anyway? it doesn't seem to have a purpose.

i attached pic of the pump thing mentined.

also attached a pic of franken-printer having his teeth thoroughly brushed with the cleaning lines attached. still not crazy about this set up. but was able to wash the heads in about 5 minutes of work so that i could work on the printer more easily.

thanks ahead of time for any help on this. i need to print over the weekend and it looks like franky isn't feeling well.

Attachments

• pumpfeet.jpg
    pumpfeet.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 153
  • inklines.jpg
    inklines.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 134

Vinylman

Sliding foot on Pump

Artbot:
I am running a JV33, and my pump has the same moving foot attachment. Can't help with "WHY?" it is there, but my thinking is that I would put the "old" foot on the new pump "IF" there is an appropriate mounting holes on the new pump.

My first thought is that perhaps because some of these pumps can be used on a number of different machines, that the manufacturers sometimes just don't add all the pieces to the assemblies because they are to necessary to your particular machine. Just my guess!

marcsitkin

lately i've noticed a puddle of ink in the black/magenta cap. figured it was just a mild clog. so i went to cleaning the line. but still nothing after a lot of cleaning. i've got a new pump here (from ebon for $45!) but don't want to put it on unless i'm sure the one i've got is dead, rather than me just not properly cleaning it.

so, can someone please give me some tips on diagnosing if it is savable and or how to properly clean it?

also, there is a strange sliding foot thing on the right of the pumps. the new pump doesn't have one. am i supposed to put the old on the new? and what is this thing anyway? it doesn't seem to have a purpose.

i attached pic of the pump thing mentined.

also attached a pic of franken-printer having his teeth thoroughly brushed with the cleaning lines attached. still not crazy about this set up. but was able to wash the heads in about 5 minutes of work so that i could work on the printer more easily.

thanks ahead of time for any help on this. i need to print over the weekend and it looks like franky isn't feeling well.

Can't help with the foot, and it's been a while since I had a JV3, but I have had a similar problem, and I think the fix as to use an empty station on the pump (I had 4 stations, one empty, three in use). Also, peristaltic pumps can over time create a flat spot in the tubing on the pump cam, which causes a lack of pumping strength. If you have some extra tubing, you might want to swap it out before buying a new pump.

Sorry to sound a bit vague, but we took the JV3 out of service a year ago, so I'm going on what's left of my memory. I'm having lunch with a buddy who's a Mimaki dealer, and I'll see if I can get him involved in this forum.

artbot

thanks marc,

that is what i will do. it seems to just be weakly pumping. i have some aftermarket pump tube that i use for all my syringes, etc. but it seems to be a different shore hardness than used on the pump. i'll try rotating the tube to a new position. if that fails, i'll put on my back up pump.

Robert M

Sliding think

Epson first designed those pumps for the 9000 series printers. The thing that slides is for the Epson wiper.