• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Kido's Kloset

Customer had a grand opening today of her store Kido's Kloset. They buy and sell gently used children's & maternity clothing. Had some homemade signs up in their windows.....introduced myself and she was planning on buying some precut letters out of a catalog to put on her windows. I whipped this up....not sure about showing it to her due to the fact she probably doesn't have the money to sink into the storefront design I have put together (will be a separate posting).

Let me know your thoughts on this logo.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Kido's Kloset Logo S101.jpg
    Kido's Kloset Logo S101.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 84

JR's

she was planning on buying some precut letters out of a catalog to put on her windows.she probably doesn't have the money .
Thanks!

She could not afford to not have this done professionally. You could explained to her all the customers you might lose because the place looks like a yard sale.
Just my two cents

JR

prototype66

Good call on that. That design would sell its self if you do show it and they really don't want to look like a yard sale! Give er a go!

GoodPeopleFlags

I like the background but the shape is distracting. How about use the background on a square shape? Cheaper for you, too. I would also tone down the background and make the font bolder. It's competing with the background at the moment.

Colin

It definately needs some work, but aside from that, why did you go ahead with a "free" logo design?

signmeup - tried just the text and hanger....just seemed too plain for me
jrs - i totally agree...she's got a great location and what homemade signs she has up now you can't even read from the road...and i told her that
prototype - thanks
bluefish - what is distracting about the shape?
colin - nothing is free in the world lol.....i am basically showing her my idea of what would work for her location and give her a brand (i will be explaining to her the importance of a brand and why she should go with it). we also just opened our doors and need to build our porfolio so she will be getting this at a somewhat discounted price than normal.

MikePro

i like it! Xept the outline of the logo can use a bit more symmetry, its too blobby to be appealing to the eye.

Here's an updated version with a black outline around the text to make it more prominent.

Attachments

• Kido's Kloset Logo S101.jpg
    Kido's Kloset Logo S101.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 69

Colin

No, no, no. The blob punches you in the face while the text - what should be the main message - just sits there like a spider's web. It's even worse with the black outline.

Mosh

Get money up front. These places come and go all the time. I bet in our little town
one opens every 2 months, and closes down after about 6 months. Gloified thrift store is all they are. They sometimes do have nice furniture, but not that much cheaper than new... and who wants their kid laying where other kids pee'd!

GoodPeopleFlags

You asked me what was distracting about the shape. The shape takes away from the name. It's distracting. Too busy. Make the name more prominent. Try making it a square or oval instead of bubbly.

Looks like a jigsaw puzzle piece to me. If I were driving by my initial thought would be a some kind of store that sold games. I like the background design but not the shape. I'd simplify it to a rectangle or oval or something. I'd try the hanger in a different color than the copy to see what it looks like, too.

Colin

Try to get it so that the name is the dominant feature.

Attachments

• Kidos.jpg
    Kidos.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 84
Taking some of everyone's advice and came up with this....let me know your thoughts. Thanks guys!

Attachments

• Kido's Kloset Logo 2 S101.jpg
    Kido's Kloset Logo 2 S101.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 69

SignManiac

Just not working that way Radical. Look at Colins example... clean, crisp, colors work. only fault in his is the circle C would look better nested in the top of the hanger loop.

JR's

Radical, see what Colins looks like. Try to achieve that (kiddo's Kloset) hits You right in the face.

JR

Colin

Taking some of everyone's advice and came up with this....let me know your thoughts. Thanks guys!

You've placed skinny lettering on a strongly coloured and textured background. This KILLS the legibility of the lettering.

Attachments

• Clutter.gif
    Clutter.gif
    13.5 KB · Views: 83