• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question L25500 problems - any ideas will be appreciated!

Ian Stewart-Koster

Older Greyer Brushie
For 3 months it's given us the 1.2:10 error message, which it says is a faulty Ink Supply System circuit board. However, if you ignored the message, it still always printed OK.

Yesterday, it decided partway into a job that the substrate was loaded incorrectly, although there was 5 metres left on the roll, and only 1.5 needed for the job. It just stopped and wanted more loaded.
So I complied, as I had no choice. No difference-It was still convinced it was loaded wrongly. So I took it out, turned everything off, and rebooted. No difference, except this time it stopped the initialising count at 24, and hung there.

I turned it off at the back switch, unplugged the leads, waited, replugged, and turned it on, and all was good - media loaded OK and it printed the 3.6 metre job nicely, but then still gave me the 1.2:10 message, and would not let me start another job, like it used to.

Reboot - hang at the count of 24. This time, though, when I switched it on at the back, it turned on automatically at the front, without me touching the console 'on' button at the front. I decided to turn it off for the night and let it sleep.
I tried again today, and same thing. It started instantly from the switch at the back, and hangs at the booting-up count of 24... With or without media loaded- it's the same. Not booting up properly, and not letting me shut it down at the front button.

Any suggestions on remedies that don't involve a different or new printer would be appreciated, thanks! ;)

ddarlak

Go Bills!
i own two 25500's....one to print with and the other is a parts machine.... if your still gonna use a 25500 your gonna need another one for parts. they didn't build these to last more than 5 years.....i have owned 5 of these. you can pick one up on ebay for 2k

Ian Stewart-Koster

Older Greyer Brushie
Thanks - getting a spare is on the agenda... but have you encountered the freezing on the count of 24 boot-up, or why it turns on when I switch it on at the back, without needing to go to the front console button?

Thanks for the reply. :)

Ian Stewart-Koster

Older Greyer Brushie
Time, and a few prayers, and a rest coaxed it back to life, to get one more print, and it's still showing the 1.2:10 ISS error, and also still constantly telling me there's no media correctly loaded, when there is a whole roll on, and it's snug against the spool edges..

Christian @ 2CT Media

All of those boards are connected, your ISS board could be to blame as it connects to the mech board and may have shorted the media sensor.

Hanging around 20 percent was a problem we had with our 25500 when things started failing.

dale911

President
When I get a media jam, I have to turn it off at the back but when I turn it back on, it starts up automatically 9 out of 10 times. Haven't had the hang at 24 though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Current Creation

I have found that for any reason that it is necessary to kill the power from the back while it is still turned on in front, it will boot up when turned on from the rear switch.
Sorry I can't help with it hanging on boot up though.

Ian Stewart-Koster

Older Greyer Brushie
Thanks for the replies Folks, and I apologise I've not been back.
Bootup got better- but still with issues.
Changing the top Ink Supply System circuit board and reflashing the EPROM fixed it all.
It's working nicely now, and has been for a month!

There isn't much left of my original 25500 other than the outer shell. The whole 5 year life thing is no joke. But the good news is they aren't terribly hard to work on.

flyplainsdrifta

yeah. shredded our belt just last year and replaced it relatively easily without too much fuss. we just finally shelved ours after upgrading to a 560. couldn't be happier thus far