• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Laboring on Labor Day - what y'all doing??

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Work on Labor Day? Hell no.
I had a great family weekend in NYC. Took the kids to see Lion King on Broadway Sunday afternoon. Then went up to the American Girl Doll Store for their birthday presents. Had dinner in Time Square at Carmine's. Spent the night at the Belvedere Hotel.
Went to the Statue of Liberty & Ellis Island in the morning. Visited Ground Zero in the afternoon then had dinner on Mulberry St. In Little Italy. :thumb:

Now it's time to get back to work...:cool:

iSign

Mike, I'm jealous. I let myself forget how much I miss Manhattan, but you brought it all back for me.

I stayed a few months on Mulberry Street & Bleeker on the other side of Houstan from Little Italy... (a block from CBGB's) & later rented a place on St. Marks place for a year, finally rounding out my urban experience with a real wild few months at 9th St. & Avenue C, not far from Tompkins Square where I helped take over a city-owned abandoned building with several other squatters.

Sign One

spent the weekend and Monday packing and washing walls! We will be moving into our new farmhouse with a big ol barn in about two weeks, have to get the old home listed quick! Took time out for some wine and grilled lamb chops (pork chops for the kids)

GregT

I managed to get a lot of needed yard work done and play with my 2 kids in the nicely manicured lawn.

Bigdawg

Just Me
Sign One - I am jealous of the new digs! Now my husband would be jealous of all the golf, but he's got a tourney coming up in 2 weeks so he can't complain too much.

Glad to hear some of you got away for the weekend. I would have if the cutter had cooperated... Ended up working all night til Tia got here this morning - ran home and grabbed a shower and now back at it again.

iSign

ahhh... glad to hear it's not just me still pullin' all-nighters in this trade. I did that again last Thursday... couldn't get home for a shower untill after 5 on Friday, but I got clean clothes & an hour or 2 nap.

Bigdawg

Just Me
I used to keep an air mattress here at the office so I could grab a quick nap. Used to be that I could do the all-night thing and not think twice about it but I sure ain't as young as I once was!! I am one warped puppy today!

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Doug Allan said:
finally rounding out my urban experience with a real wild few months at 9th St. & Avenue C, not far from Tompkins Square where I helped take over a city-owned abandoned building with several other squatters.

Love to hear that story.:Big Laugh
The city is a great place. We go in a few times a year. I'm heading back for the San Gennaro Festival in a couple weeks.

SignosaurusRex

Getting ready for my annual 2-3 week hunting trip to Montana. The air is filled with Apple wood smoke from the smokers. Doing up about 60 lbs. of jerky, 60 lbs. of Salmon and some cheese. My little bro "Grasshopper" is flying in tomorrow morning from New Mexico for a 100 mile hiking & climbing trek on Mt. Rainier next week, making an attempt at a record time for the trek so he'll need the dry goods too. It's a very enjoyable hurricane this weekend without leaving the house. Certainly plenty of meat in the smokers, on the grill and beers in hand.