• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ladder or Lift? Installation Help

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Ok, I'm sorry, but this has to be a joke.

I mean, if someone is asking this type of question just blows my mind. The answer is common sense, and if he is seriously asking this question to get an answer, this guy has no buisiness in the sign buisness. He, or if he has employees, one of them is going to end up getting hurt.

Its going to end up on the evening news, and then its going to reflect on all of us.

If it is a joke, ha ha. If not, then you need to sell your icky quicky sticky franchise, and get another one. I think you can open a taco bell, or mickey dee's, get on thier message board and ask how to correctly make a taco, or big mac.

:thumb:

signappeal

A ladder here is a suicide mission, no reface job is worth your life. Sub the install or rent a lift.

BTW. I agree that there is no way that face is only 2x8, it is bigger for sure.

kgirl

10 easy installments of $324.95 + S/H :ROFLMAO:

Don't forget to tell them about the special offer if they call right now......buy one sign installation bicycle and get a second for free......just pay separate shipping and processing ($550.00).....:birthday:

Sign_Boy

Don't forget to tell them about the special offer if they call right now......buy one sign installation bicycle and get a second for free......just pay separate shipping and processing ($550.00).....:birthday:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: never thought to name it
oh yea, some assembly required.....

SignManiac

Piece of cake. I build my scaffolding from left over scraps of coroplast. It's light for transporting and you can add plenty of accessories to it.

Si Allen

Here is how ya do it!

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• unsafe_20scaffold2.png
    unsafe_20scaffold2.png
    198.6 KB · Views: 167

Pat Whatley

Best plan is to sub it out to somebody with a bucket truck. You can probably get it done cheaper than renting a lift.

If that won't work I'd go boom lift over scissor lift. Scissor lifts are a pain in the ass sometimes, with a boom lift you can park that sucker next door if you need to and just extend it to reach.

Brandon708

Coming from a sign installer....

Check to see if there are any sign installers in your area with a bucket to do these types of jobs for you then add a little on top of what they charge for brokering the job.
I'm sure if you get a good relationship with installer he will even go out there and measure (survey) the sign so it's exactly right for a very small amount as long as he knows he will get the install job. (at least I do)

I have done several jobs where they thought they new the measurements for a sign panel like this one and it was off by a half inch of so. It really sucks when you go to put it in and it doesn't fit.

surf city

A Ladder, like a 30 foot extension ladder?? Umm....NO, are you kiddin me ? That's beyond unsafe with sign faces that high in the air. Like everyone else I would reccomend a lift. I'm still crackin up over signboy's bike, damn too bad Billy May's has passed away you could have used him to sell that thing on TV.

CentralSigns

When I first started, I had a customer push me around. To save him money, we used several ladders and even put them in the back of trucks to gain a few more feet of height. We were using 30 ft ladders to do a 32 foot job. I wasn't scared of the heights and never even used safety gear. But that was the first and last time I ever let a customer or a dollar bill dictate what I do with my business and my life. Never again, rent the right tool for the job, charge the customer for it. 30 ft to the ground could very well be your last sign job, think about it before your on the way down. My choice is obvious, a bucket truck.

emo

Piece of cake. I build my scaffolding from left over scraps of coroplast. It's light for transporting and you can add plenty of accessories to it.

How about a coro-copter install.:covereyes:

UFB Fabrication

way back in the day i worked for a place that had 2 60' wood ladders and 2 45'rs
i dont know how long the were there but they had alot of dust on them. I thing someone errrr ahhhh backed a crane truck over them accidently of course.

Dont use a ladder period. Its stupid crap like that that make our workers comp go up. If you do try it wear a helmet cam and post it for us if you are released from the hospital. Call a real sign shop and have them bring the correct equipment over.