• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

laminating question

signwizz

i printed some die cut stickers then laminated then put in then die cut but it was off.but when i do a print and cut with no lam they r perfect is that normal
shane

WrapperX

Do you have "profile" or type setting on your plotter? If so you should set one up for unlaminated vinyl and one for laminated vinyl. The cut depth and pressure is gonna be different for the two types and you might be getting a little resistance from the laminated vinyls which could - over the course of the cut - could pull the vinyl out of "alignment.

ProWraps

is it off horizontally or vertically? possible that maybe your laminator is stretching your media? not sure how that would happen but could be the case.

Double Diamond

We have a roland and compensate by creating a bleed if possible, smaller area by doing more groups instead of one big one, and we do a enviro match before print and before cut. The y axis usually is ok, but he x is off 1/8" avery 4' or so. J

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Some laminates create a little too much sloppiness from the glossiness and cause the media to move ever-so-slightly if your pinch rollers aren't tight enough.

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Do a print/cut adjustment, do an environmental match, make sure your heaters are off and cooled down before cutting.