• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Laminator

funnyb0nz

Hey guys, so just kinda dove into this signmakeing thing, I'm current owner of an IT business were we take care of alot of companies Computer, Networks, Phone Systems, and Web Sites. So I recently bought an Epson SC40600 and a cutter about 2 months ago. I am now in need of a laminator, I have read on here that alot of you are happy with the cheaper USTECH laminators? Is this still the case? My Grimco rep recommended the RS 1402 Cold Roller, said price drop to $3500. Is the Royal Soverign good? Basically looking for the biggest bang for the buck. I just had one of my customer's hit me up to make 900 Large Decals for Golf Carts, so going to need something fast.
I thought this adventure was just going to be for my stuff and friends, however now my customer's know we have the equipment and getting hit up with makeing signs/decals.
Looking for your input, and suggestions. The guys with the USTECH, are you still happy with your choice? I hear alot of you saying its 1/3rd the price.

Thanks!

Raum Divarco

General Manager CUTWORX USA / Amcad & Graphics
Are you looking to stay at more entry level equipment at this time for just the price?

PHILJOHNSON

Sales Manager
I would also look at the GFP cold laminators as well. High quality rollers and the price point is very reasonable. We are a distributor for GFP and I can email you some information on the different GFP models along with some pricing. Please PM or email me your contact info to philj@airmark.com if you would like some information.

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Airmark Corporation
(800)527-7778, ext 112
philj@airmark.com

C

ColoPrinthead

I have worked with many of the RSs and different branded versions of the same model and it is basic and works fine, If you see a lot of volume in your future I would consider something nicer with more speed. I can do a full roll in around 15-20 minutes with the RS I have now.

GB2

Old Member
If you are just looking at price...I have a used 64" RS that I can sell you for $1200...you'll just have to pick it up in Connecticut

funnyb0nz

I would also look at the GFP cold laminators as well. High quality rollers and the price point is very reasonable. We are a distributor for GFP and I can email you some information on the different GFP models along with some pricing. Please PM or email me your contact info to philj@airmark.com if you would like some information.

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Airmark Corporation
(800)527-7778, ext 112
philj@airmark.com

Sent you an email

funnyb0nz

Are you looking to stay at more entry level equipment at this time for just the price?

Not quite sure, that is why I described my situation. I can see myself doing some vehicle wraps, as I want to do a few of my own vehicles and already have others wanting me to do thiers (and I have'nt done one yet, told them let me get some expierence but again this is not my main bread and butter as I own IT business). So how many of you started with a cold laminator and moved up? I can't believe how expensive some of these are because looking at them, there is not a lot to these in my opinion for what they do.

Raum Divarco

General Manager CUTWORX USA / Amcad & Graphics
Not quite sure, that is why I described my situation. I can see myself doing some vehicle wraps, as I want to do a few of my own vehicles and already have others wanting me to do thiers (and I have'nt done one yet, told them let me get some expierence but again this is not my main bread and butter as I own IT business). So how many of you started with a cold laminator and moved up? I can't believe how expensive some of these are because looking at them, there is not a lot to these in my opinion for what they do.

You never know the jobs you will accept or things you may want to do. I do prefer the option of heat. Yes, most of the machines do look pretty simple. The mechanical stuff is still generally well-engineered. The Nip rollers etc are really where quality is important. the style of the rollers is important too depending on what you are looking for. You always get what you pay for, but I usually look in the $8k-12K for a nice one with optional features. There are a lot of promotions going around at this time so it should be easier to get close to dealer pricing on some items.

netsol

funnyb0nz

in my opinion you should go with a royal soverign or seal
this is what we have done. i would wtch ebay or craigslist, check the unit carefully before purchase. we have done very well. we have been careful (AND EXTREMELY LUCKY)

keep the downside in mind, generally the laminator is ruining a finished job, not just raw materials. this makes laminator problems very frutrating