• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Large Banner

showcase 66

I have just been contacted about making a 2' x 60' Banner to go over one of our main roadways. I have made one about 10' shorter than this before that was put on the side of a building. I am curious what the best way to reinforce the banner will be so that it wont tear at the corners.

I am thinking an 18oz material will be best for this.

Any advice for this would be greatly appreciated.

Brandon708

order it from fellers. 14 ounce should work with hems and webbing. I would also put some wind slits in it if they are installing it on a overpass with a fence.

SameDay Signs

I would probably use the 18 or 19 to be safe. But another alternative which I would probably use is a mesh banner hemmed and grommeted really well.

Billct2

You don't say if it's single or double faced.
We use double faced (scrimmed) material with webbing and reenforced corners.
Our town requires wind slits. Let the wind slit debate begin....

showcase 66

You don't say if it's single or double faced.
We use double faced (scrimmed) material with webbing and reenforced corners.
Our town requires wind slits. Let the wind slit debate begin....

In the email it said they want 1 sided but when I talked to them on the phone they said double sided. I am assuming it will be double sided at this point. Makes sense if traffic is going both ways.

Not sure if they require wind slits here. They might. If they say they will I will calculate out the difference between cutting windslits or shrinking the banner down a bit. I know all the engineers here so I could probably get them to say it is ok with out them. I just dont see what is so good about cutting up a perfectly good banner.

Where is a good place to get a banner of this size. I usually just by what I need since I dont have the machines to hem.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Take this into the 'Premium' section and see if you get the answers you need there.

Brandon708

In the email it said they want 1 sided but when I talked to them on the phone they said double sided. I am assuming it will be double sided at this point. Makes sense if traffic is going both ways.

Not sure if they require wind slits here. They might. If they say they will I will calculate out the difference between cutting windslits or shrinking the banner down a bit. I know all the engineers here so I could probably get them to say it is ok with out them. I just dont see what is so good about cutting up a perfectly good banner.

Where is a good place to get a banner of this size. I usually just by what I need since I dont have the machines to hem.

If its double sided then get the 19oz Freedom banner with Hems, Grommets, webbing.

Like I said before order it from FELLERS! thats if you just want the blank so you can put vinyl letters on.

HulkSmash

15-19 oz should work. Seat Belt webbing with reinforced grommets is a must. If it's double sided than obviously you're going to need wind slits because it's not up against a wall or backing of any type....

showcase 66

If its double sided then get the 19oz Freedom banner with Hems, Grommets, webbing.

Like I said before order it from FELLERS! thats if you just want the blank so you can put vinyl letters on.

Thanks for the info. Some reason I didnt see your first post. I just called them. Cheaper than I was thinking it would be for it.

Craig Sjoquist

If time up is less then a month wind slits may not be necessary unless windy time of year.
Mesh is good for this but double sided ??
Around here they have one that is 2 cables across the road but it's only 20 feet long.