• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

larry from canada saying hi

larryo

hi this is larry charlton from canada.
I am not sure what to say. I have been doing graphic designs from the time that corel draw was just getting going. Acually corel 1 was my first graphic program. I was one of the first in ontario to use it.
I have been out of the printing business for a while (comercialy) But I am still doing it part time mostly for fun. I have a 5 x 10 ft cnc flat bed cutter a vynl cutter fully outomatic air powered inverted pin router screen presses etc. I also look after gospel signs for a 200 square mile area up here in the North. the signs are for Gospel text missions.
They have signs all over canada and some in the states as well as in south america.
If you see a sign with bible verses on them with a picture of a open bible with verses in them that is one of ours. I am now starting to get into printing the signs, as the sign printer up here is doing another job and hasnt got as much time for them. He is still doing his best. A good man. I hope I am not to long winded . But I just wanted to let you know what I am doing and Who I am.
I have also done screen printing and ofset printing. But I am probly not as good as a lot of you old timers as I have had to learn everything myself. the old fashion way.
I aslo build a lot of my own equipment from design to fabrication. Up here in the north we are a jack of all trades. We do what ever we have to to live. I better quit for now before you get bored So hi all from CANADA :Canada 2:

gabagoo

Welcome from Taranta - centre of the universe lol

I too used the first versions of Corel, back in the day.

larryo

I guess we are dating ourselfs lucky I am only 25 ha ha ha Okay maybe more than twice that age but I still feel young:doh: tried to find one scratch his head but this will do

larryo

Well I see we all are really young. Its a good thing we have no video or our real age would show through. Thanks for the welcome I feel at home here. I hope I can learn a lot. Maybe even help someone out once in a while..

The Equipment Guy

Welcome from Oakville. Still have some old 5 1/4" Corel packages around somewhere...was living in Ottawa at the time and lots of my friends worked there in the formative years.

Craig

larryo

ya it must have been around that time. Ha with all the old corel users have any of yous ever figured out how to get into our old corel draw 1 files. I have a ton of files all in vectors have tried to get into the files but havent been able to.(for years now)I had a 5 1/2 inch floppy driver got it to work but never got into any files. It wouldnt open them wrong formate. might be able to open them on my old machine (kept it around havent used it in 12 or so years but I think it still works) Just thinking out loud again. I had 100 or so disk with all my old files on them.:banghead:

CheapVehicleWrap

Whew.. that was many moons, wives, lives, many many pcs and thousands of women since :) I had one of those. I'm good at backups but not that good to have archives for most my life.

larryo

I just have another computer room still live the same place that long . Even got the same wife. I think cant hardly remember back that far. Just put the machine in storage havent used it in years once in a while I am looking for somthing happen to come upon the computer turn it on still works mouse button missing . then turn it off walk away. One of these days got to get aroundto puting it in the scrap pile..
I now use three coputers 2 pentium 4s and a core 2 processer . I even got internet WOW how far we have come.
When I first got a computer it had a storage drive of 60 or 80 kilo bits remember thouse days My wife use to get the books then sit for hours programing games into them. Ping pong or somthing like that. Hope I never have to do that again.

CheapVehicleWrap

My wife use to get the books then sit for hours programing games into them. Ping pong or somthing like that. Hope I never have to do that again.

It was magazines and you had to wait til next month to correct the errors they published? These are the days you speak of?

larryo

ya those are the days. Have we ever come a long ways. Like the old saying goes hope we never have to go back. they werent the good old day these days are so much easier.