• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Laser engraving question

Steve Middleton

I've had my new laser less than 3 months and it's definitely been a sharp learning curve. Latest problem is PhotoGrav/Corel/RDWorks. I process a picture in PG, import to Corel, and save as dxf but RDW does not recognize the file..."no data". I've tried, I think, all the variables without success. I did a "wireframe" which did transfer and was a very garbled mess. Any input will be appreciated!

timgo

Graphics Designer
I've had my new laser less than 3 months and it's definitely been a sharp learning curve. Latest problem is PhotoGrav/Corel/RDWorks. I process a picture in PG, import to Corel, and save as dxf but RDW does not recognize the file..."no data". I've tried, I think, all the variables without success. I did a "wireframe" which did transfer and was a very garbled mess. Any input will be appreciated!
You need iEngraveLab PhotoLaser plus.
Try the Trial Version;
https://updater.cadlink.com/CommercialReleases/trial/EL91_trial.exe

cwade440

The only info I can offer is that I have (a few times) sent an image from Flexi to PG, and then sent the saved PG image to the laser with no issues. Now I usually either send the file directly from Flexi to the laser (vector cutting and simple raster engraving). If it's a photo, I use Photoshop and seems to get better results than I do with PG.

Ian Stewart-Koster

Older Greyer Brushie
If you have used PG to prepare and create a file, then save it as a BMP (eng) from P'grave.
Then, you need only IMPORT the BMP straight into RDW, set the speed, lineshift & power, and engrave from there.

No need for corel or dxf steps.
We do it this way all the time.

Alternately AI works well out of Corel, but not for the BMP.