• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

"Last Chance Filters" For CET UV Printer -- Pall Acro?

Ben Carufel

Hi guys,

We've been trucking along with our CET UV XPress 500 since December and have been having great results on a variety of surfaces. Super happy with the machine.

Just the past week or so we started getting random color banding, particularly with cyan. A call to our CET dealer suggested replacing the "last chance filters"...one replacement of which they included with the machine when purchased. I swapped that one in the cyan line and that fixed most of the problems with the banding, but for good measure figured I'd order the other four filters...turns out they're $64 apiece via our dealer. YIKES.

So here I am with a full set of new filters installed in the machine, but I'd like to find out what they are so that next replacement I don't have to fork over $64 apiece. I did some research and found that they're Pall Acro filters, the "Acro 37 Last Chance Filter, Black Polypropylene Housing" with Luer-Lok fittings, but it looks like there are several different filter strengths...from the Pall catalog, they come in:

LCF-21110 HDC II (6 um) Female Luer-Lok compatible
LCF-22110 HDC II (10 um) Female Luer-Lok compatible
LCF-23110 HDC II (20 um) Female Luer-Lok compatible
LCF-24110 Rigimesh (18 um) Female Luer-Lok compatible

Does anyone have any idea or suggestions on which of these filter strengths would be the ones I want? Unfortunately there are no markings on the existing housing except for "Inlet" on one side.

Here's a link to the Pall catalog if that helps:

http://www.pall.com/pdfs/Graphic-Arts/IJ_1796.pdf

Thanks!

Typestries

I can't answer your question directly but can point you in the right direction. Our jeti's have 30pL heads and use 5 micron HDC II filters. So it's likely that your CET does not use the larger sizes you listed.

lexcorp

Former CET field technician here to help

The filter you are looking for should be purchased from your dealer. As they get them from CET. They are designed specifically for that printer and while it is on the pricey side I highly recommend getting from your dealer. If you did get it from and outside source it would have to be the right one and it might void your warranty if the next technician sees that you used a non CET filter when they come on site for and. Which might lead to expected charges because you voided your warranty by using a third party suppliers for parts. I run a service company and am very well educated on these printer.

For more information feel free to call me at 470.216.4451
And ask for the lead technician Ryan.

artbot

there may or may not be "true" sensitivity to the the last chance filter. i've used assorted filters and seen no performance difference. one side of the printer that has no effect on performance is the pre-secondary tank side. you can get line filters and pumps for $5 a piece. along with that even the same "approved filters" are marked up beyond belief.

for instance
USA!!!! for $112 sweeet!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Filter-for-...815?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item460a1f478f

wait for it....

exact same filter from china???? $6 what???
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ink-Filter-...883?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19eb2447fb