• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Lets go back to funner times.......

visual800

When we had real companies that gave a damn about you. I was going thru my attic and doing some cleaning and ran across a box with about 15 notebooks in it of all the notes I have taken for the past 30 some odd years. Inside was also catalogs.

Back in day AMERIBAN aka "Fellers" was the absolute bomb. they had everything you needed for the times and you got it pretty quick. We also had Aluma panel, they would ship to us from Atlanta absolute great company. Check out the picture of Frank Fellers when he was 14 before he became a cowboy, lol ..........Permacast vinyl back then was some kickass stuff.

Attachments

• img279.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 210
  • img280.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 165
  • img281.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 168
  • img282.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 145
  • img284.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 162

visual800

continued..............

Attachments

• img283.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 184
  • img285.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 146
  • img286.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 151

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I've been with him for a long time. In fact, somewhere I have the catalog which shows him sewing a banner in a garage. That's when his uncle still ran the show, until frank fired his a$$ and changed the name. Our customer number is #4. That was the place to go for just about everything after he got into it full swing. Nice find.

Johnny Best

Frank has made some major money since the garage, probably has cow horns on his Cadillac.
You can still buy Scharff brushes, they are still in business.

rjssigns

Fellers was our go to way back when. We used to buy the hemmed and grommeted rolls of banner. Had them do custom sizes too.
Still use Fellers for wrap kits and other vinyl.

WildWestDesigns

Last time that I used Fellers was back in 2012 or there abouts.
I have slept many times since then, forgot all about that.
Even that was a better time, last good expansion that I had with the business was that year. 90s was even better though. Damn, time really does fly by.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Last time that I used Fellers was back in 2012 or there abouts.
I have slept many times since then, forgot all about that.
Even that was a better time, last good expansion that I had with the business was that year. 90s was even better though. Damn, time really does fly by.
Ins't it a little early to be drinking so heavily ?? :beer

WildWestDesigns

Ins't it a little early to be drinking so heavily ?? :beer
Oh if that was the case... I haven't had a swig of beer in the last few yrs (not so much due to any over indulgence or history thereof, just it had other side effects for me as I got older).

gnubler

Love looking at prices from the olden days. I recently scanned through an expense list for a print shop from the early 1990s and what they paid for tech equipment back then was outrageous! Especially compared to what you get nowadays for far less money. Anyone else remember Jaz drives and Zip disks? We had to charge deposits to customers who got one of our disks to copy files onto, they were that expensive.

MNT_Printhead

Working among the Corporate Lizard People
Found this in the shop this morning, thought I'd share.
Page1.jpg
Page3.jpg
Page2.jpg