• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Life (and this forum) is what we make it.

Deaton Design

Man, I hate the news. I love human interest stories, and love to see people overcoming the bad things in their lives and making it all work. I do not like seeing snuki or dr. phil or anyone else finding the worst things in the world to show us or talk about, while I could be drawing or designing or playing with my six year old. Im at the point now, that I could live with two or three channels on my television, and maybe a 24 hour Andy Griffith channel.
Then when I did want to watch, I know it would be some good stuff, and not all this da** negativity that people seem to want to see so much. Good post Dan S.
Edited to add, some time ago, there was a story from England of a little boy named Jamie Bulger, at the time only three years old, same age as my son at that time.
He was beaten and killed and maimed by two younger boys, one ten and one eleven I think. It was a very sad, heart wrenching story that hit me like a ton of bricks.
I think mainly because my son was the same age, and because I cannot stand for children to be treated wrong or hurt. I became so obsessed with this story, that I would buy papers every day, watch the news, including international every day, trying to find out what was going on in the case. It was getting to me. I felt so sorry for this little guy, and I would look at my son and think just how awful his parents must have felt. This went on for a couple months, until I finally decided it was staying on my mind too much, causing me anxiety, and filling me with negative thoughts that I didnt need. I needed to concentrate on the positive things going on around me, which I did. I dont want to completely turn a blind eye to whats going on in the world, just try and get it to balance out some way.

kgirl

this reminds me of one of those threads where someone asks if we can all get along.....then the big dog pile begins..........time to get my popcorn....sit back and relax......
104559d1224546425-smilies-emoticons-1947_eating_popcorn_and_drinking_beer.gif

Letterbox Mike

Look out signs101!!
You are about to be infiltrated by Grampa Dan on his speech podium, talking about life, himself, his router, and veiling it as "inspiration". When in fact, it is nothing but wanting attention to stroke an already massive ego.
Nobody likes a bully.
:frustrated:

WTF dude, was that really necessary?

iSign

WTF dude, was that really necessary?

This was a perfect setup! I could think Grampa Dan is positive because he is faced with good fortune, while I may face personal attacks (yeah - karma, I know) but here we get to see the WWGD in action, to lead by example.

I can admit to my wallowing in the confrontational realms far too frequently, but with side by side comparisons right here, I have to choose the WWGD (what would Grampa do) path as the path for me to head for!

Mosh

This is WHY I don't watch the news or read newspapers! If it was not for my "empolyees" taking off on me I would have no idea there was a "recession" even taking place. Soybean prices are at an all time high (Alomost $14) so this could be the most money I have ever made in my life. Turn off CNN and Fox News, it will only bring you down!