• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Linear calibration Roland VP540?

purevs

Hi,
I have just fitted a new print head, but now it prints out of line, i have done as many test prints and settings as i can, but i get stuck when i find the Linear calib. menu, nothing happens, i think. I have had a large empty box print, but no numbers etc to make adjustments, basically i want help fixing the problems shown in my picture.......

Many thanks..

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 318

odhisteve

linear calibration vp 540

well i think this error that occur to all printer that have encoder strip, it has noting to do with the head replacement. all you have to do is clean the encoder strip and the encoder reader. the encoder reader is located on the carriage unit,and you have to remove it so cleaning is easier. when putting it back just make sure the encoder strip passes between its groove not touching either sides. i know this will certainly sort you problem.

34Ford

You need to enter the service mode and also download the service manual for your printer.
The manual explains how to align the heads.