• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Lines in my print?

SteveHem

Hi, Ive only been using my VS540 for a week and my colours are starting to lack quality. The 2 test prints below have exactly the same settings in versaworks and illustrator but you can clearly see stripes in the green tones.

What could be causing this?

image0.jpeg
image1.jpeg

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Looks like you're probably missing nozzles in your nozzle check. Did the person you bought it from train you on the maintenance of the machine at all? There's a few basic things you need to do to prevent the nozzles from clogging. It's possible it needs a new cap top as well.

SteveHem

I’ve run a Clean and it’s sorted The head and cap etc are all new and i know the basics but obviously not much haha. Surprised it needed a clean already. thanks

SteveHem

I think so, do they look ok to you?

Attachments

• 11795BF4-AF86-4850-98F0-3BAE7B736BBC.jpeg
    11795BF4-AF86-4850-98F0-3BAE7B736BBC.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 91
  • C63D9ECD-8204-4867-A3D2-06579A703732.jpeg
    C63D9ECD-8204-4867-A3D2-06579A703732.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 83

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
I think so, do they look ok to you?
Depending how often you use the machines, I typically recommend doing a regular clean once a day and manual cleaning weekly if using frequently, if not used often, a medium cleaning at least once a week and manual cleaning bi-weekly. Looks like there is still some graininess in the prints, might want to play around with print speeds, heating and maybe bi-directional vs. uni-directional. If still no better, you can try different profiles.

SteveHem

Depending how often you use the machines, I typically recommend doing a regular clean once a day and manual cleaning weekly if using frequently, if not used often, a medium cleaning at least once a week and manual cleaning bi-weekly. Looks like there is still some graininess in the prints, might want to play around with print speeds, heating and maybe bi-directional vs. uni-directional. If still no better, you can try different profiles.
Thanks for your advice. When i print other things rasta and vector and select high quality it prints very solid, it think its just the test print that prints standard quality and so its grainy. Been playing around with quality settings and getting really good results, especially yellow brightness as it was abit dull before. Ill follow your cleaning suggested time scales, thanks..

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
Thanks for your advice. When i print other things rasta and vector and select high quality it prints very solid, it think its just the test print that prints standard quality and so its grainy. Been playing around with quality settings and getting really good results, especially yellow brightness as it was abit dull before. Ill follow your cleaning suggested time scales, thanks..
Sounds good. Happy printing.