• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Logo and intro

Foghorn12

Hello all, Fairly new on the forum and figured I'd introduce myself and get a critique on a logo I've been working on for our shop. I've read a lot of great info on the site and am looking forward to any suggestions on the logo. Ready to learn and help where I can.
:thankyou:and Hello
Trevor

Attachments

• logo.jpg
    logo.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 183

tanneji

Hello all, Fairly new on the forum and figured I'd introduce myself and get a critique on a logo I've been working on for our shop. I've read a lot of great info on the site and am looking forward to any suggestions on the logo. Ready to learn and help where I can.
:thankyou:and Hello
Trevor

IMHO, it's too busy ... all of the elements seem to be competing with each other. You have a lot of effects and shadows and overlaying elements. Simplify. Typically, I design a logo in black and white and then add color. It keeps the message simple and effective. Just my 2 cents.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
If you look at the thumbnail, the lack of legibility of Foghorn points to a serious problem you should address.

Welcome to Signs 101.

Foghorn12

i get asked all the time if it has anything to do with foghorn leghorn. I never once thought of that when coming up with the name. Sometimes I wish I would have. haha

sjm

Trust your gut dude. Your logo I think is an extension of ones creativity and personality. To go back to the drawing board suggests you doubt your ability and your logo does not convey that.

Foghorn12

Thanks sjm. I agree with your statement but I had my doubts about the foghorn being ledgible at a distance. I don't want to change anything else but I do need this thing to be easily read. A couple minor adjustments and I think it'll be set.

Jen Goodwin

You should keep in mind that it should be clean and easy (I.E. cheap) to reproduce. This is a 4 color process print no matter what media you would use it on. What does it look like black and white? Can it be reproduced nicely black and white. What if you want to screen print it? $$$$$
What does 'Foghorn' represent? I think chicken, too, but then again I am a chicken-a-holic. I just hatched 27 in my last hatch - they are a couple days old now, so I may be biased! ;)

Foghorn12

Foghorn is a name that my brother used for his screen printing operation he ran in high school. He catered to local bands. When he graduated we wanted to join forces so we kept the name. Not very creative by any means but it was already established so it works for us. Now that we are expanding into surrounding areas we get a lot of questions about it but we just laugh it off. There is no quick and easy way to explain it so we try not to.

Foghorn12

Thanks for all the welcomes. I look forward or building my skills through the wealth of knowledge on these forums and giving back when I can.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Notwithstanding the record-breaking number of gratuitous effects and the sound typographical principle of never running copy downhill being given the finger, what does it say? It's illegible.