• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Logo Critique Please...

x2chris7x

I have never posted anything for a critique on here, so here we go.

Please give me your thoughts on this logo design for a pool company that I have just completed. I have attached the final proof which was presented to the customer, along with the one the customer has approved (after his suggested font change...)

Attachments

• Untitled-2.jpg
    Untitled-2.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 108
  • Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 79

Marlene

the one on the left with some space between the name looks good, is that the one he approved? I like the pool logo and the way you set the type in it. looks good.

signmeup

I like the left but I would have probably not included the ladder. It looks out of scale to me. The font is a bit boring but it's a lot better than the right.

x2chris7x

Yea, I was going for more of a corporate look, he said he wanted something more professional... I think it looks like crap now.

Marlene

I didn't bring up the ladder, but also thougth it would be better without it. the font he went with is a little jarring as it all is clean copy and then, bang a jaggy scripty thingy

x2chris7x

Aww... Nobody likes my ladder? I originally had no ladder, but added it to make it look more like a pool. There must be something about pool ladders I don't know about...

Pat Whatley

The one on the right looks like the company name is Pools, Inc. and he's an employee. It doesn't read as Brian Keith Pools, Inc. at all. That may just be my biased opinion...the font his name is in makes me want to claw my eyes out.

x2chris7x

I completely see what your saying Pat. What do you do when you feel you have something really nice for a customer, and they make changes that down grades your design? Try to talk them into the one you know is better, or just take the money and do it how they want?

sar bossier

I completely see what your saying Pat. What do you do when you feel you have something really nice for a customer, and they make changes that down grades your design? Try to talk them into the one you know is better, or just take the money and do it how they want?

This is a logo, what is he doing with it? If it will be a lit panel, maybe take a pic of the actual place/building/cabinet, then place both layouts on the sign. It gives SOME clients better perspective on what the finished product will look like.

my $.02

Kyle Blue

I would of changed the ladder maybe move it up to the top of the pool and have it fade out into the pool like this...

Attachments

• pool.jpg
    pool.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 64

signmeup

I'd simplify it and lose "inc". No one cares about "inc". Bolder colours might be nice.
Oh, and tie the ladder into the thing with gray dividers on the row of services.

Attachments

• BrianKeith.jpg
    BrianKeith.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 75