• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Logo Critique

Sven

This is my logo. Any thoughts? I'm looking for constructive criticism, but compliments are also appreciated. Thanks...

Attachments

• signs_logo.jpg
    signs_logo.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 110
Last edited by a moderator:

briankb

Premium Subscriber
ampersand is lost. I didn't notice until I was trying to understand why it said "Signs Graphix" that was my first impression. Also don't understand the huge G, assuming it's to emphasize the graphix but it just seems distracting.

I like the colors and font selection. Is this online, brick n mortar, or both? If it's for a physical shop I would make the G the same size and try lower case on the Graphix and to balance it out put a tag line or your city, state underneath.

Colin

I'd rate it a 1 out of 10.

Can you explain the reason you made the G so big. With logos, things are done for a reason.

Sven

This is the logo of the shop I took over three years ago. I'm trying to decide if it's time to change it. I thought of making the 'G' the same size, but was afraid it would be too plain. There is a tagline: "a full service sign center". I just left it off this version.

Sven

wOw, 1 out of 10 is pretty harsh! I agree, the G is weird, but I think it kind of draws your attention to it at least.

briankb

Premium Subscriber
it is what it is. I like the font and color.

I know it seems plain to make the G normal but that's really not a good reason to do it. sometimes simple is better. going by the previous 1 rating I think making it a normal G would at least bring it up to a 3.

Sven

It's funny.. I'm so used to it, that it looks Ok to me. The logo is 20+ years old. I don't know what to think.

Colin

Why not communicate that you make "Signs", not big Gs?

Attachments

• Signs & Grafix.jpg
    Signs & Grafix.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 87

Pat Whatley

Looks outdated and you misspelled GRAPHICS.

I think people are over the whole "X" thing. As long as you're redoing the logo get rid of it.

Marlene

wOw, 1 out of 10 is pretty harsh! I agree, the G is weird, but I think it kind of draws your attention to it at least.

a car accident, a pile of dog poop or a wrinkled up old fat guy in way too tight swim suit draws your attention too so not always a good thing. you have the outdated "x" in graphics and then a strange bent out of shape with a big "G" signs. the two compete with each other to "draw attention". pick a focal point, just one as any more than that just clutter up a design.

Sven

I don't like the "x" either, but it's the name of the business I took over. Way too much hassle to change that now.

Pat Whatley

How much work could it possibly take? You're changing your logo on everything anyway, all you've got to do it hit backspace and type C.

Circleville Signs

I don't like the "x" either, but it's the name of the business I took over. Way too much hassle to change that now.

Yet another newbie who says they want a critique, when what they REALLY want is to be told how awesome they are.

Most people have tried to be nice in here, and I had originally planned on that, but your responses so far have pushed me over that line....

Your logo sucks. The "X" in your name is stupid. The fact that you want to spend your time defending both things rather than listening to the advice of people who are very good at what they do (and most of them relatively successful to boot) tells me that you have no desire to be better.

You simply wanted people to tell you just how awesome you are...

Wake-up call - YOU ARE NOT AWESOME (at least not when it comes to your business or your sense of design).

There is no hassle in changing a DBA. You can keep the same corp name and change the name on the door to "SiGns by 'I'm a dildo head'" and the only hassle would be making the siGn. (that's catchy. Y'all think we should start spelling siGn that way ALL the time, just to see how fast it gets unbearably annoying?)

Let's tick off the facts....

1. Your logo sucks
2. Using "X" in your name sucks
3. The fact that you have multiple people trying to give you good advice and yet you insist on defending your shoddy business/marketing practices sucks.

When you're ready to enter the real world, let me know. Then I'm happy to try to help. Until then, live on in blissful ignorance.

:banghead:

Colin

I must say, this comment in the O/P gave me concern: "I'm looking for constructive criticism, but compliments are also appreciated."

....but let's not hang the guy. Perhaps he will have the humility to learn something here.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
:noway:

Does one out of four read this section of the forum before posting this drivel? Sketch your logo before you touch your computer ... I can see it's never been done and it shows.

you are going to be my first form reply to this sort of posting. Congratulations you're the straw that broke the camels back.

http://www.signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90090

1. Your logo stinks. Sorry, no sugar coating it.
2. Draw your logo first, weed out your ideas.
3. Don't know how to draw? http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Drawing+Tutorials
4. Then after you've weeded out all the weak sauce covered ideas ... THEN design your logo.
5. Don't know how to do more than slap text on the screen? http://lmgtfy.com/?q=How+do+I+design+a+logo?

then after you have made an HONEST attempt that doesn't make me sad to see such resources wasted ... then post your idea.