• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Logo Design

Grizzly

It’s all about your print!
Had a customer come in with a previous logo he designed/copied from Kodiak chewing tobacco. Honestly it wasn't bad but they're worried they might have some problems in the future since it's exactly the same name and font.
He sent me the next one and said he really wanted something like this. He designed it in photoshop. To me, it looks a little outdated, so just to see what he thought we sent him a few quick examples. He specified which font to use so I didn't really have any leeway there either.
We obviously are not done. We send customers a few options and then work from there adding embellishments if needed or starting over all together. This was his response...

This seems like it took no time to create?

It's very plain, the white letters are not my favorite. There is no creativity here.

I want what's on your grizzly cards. This design. I don't mean to offend you, but it's cheap and easy and has no creative juice at all compared to what I sent you.

Yes, it did only take 20-30. So apparently I have to add a bevel to it so it looks creative. And make a random letter larger?

Attachments

• Kodiak-Landscaping-Logos.jpg
    Kodiak-Landscaping-Logos.jpg
    946.5 KB · Views: 497
Last edited:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
If all he wants is effects, bevels and pictures, have some kid in school do it. When adding all that garbage, it's sometimes hard to duplicate or expensive. Ask him what does he intend to spend and sell him a block of time to figure things out and if he constantly changes his mind or poo poos your ideas, let him know up front, there are no refunds on designing time. Ya just add another block of time.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
or go in photoshop, throw a bunch of filters on every single element and watch your customer's eyes light up with excitement. One man's trash is another man's treasure or so they say. If all else fails, put it on a diamond plate background.

MNT_Printhead

Working among the Corporate Lizard People
If they want crap after you offered different versions and explained how it works better across all applications, give them the crap they designed, make it well, and take the fool's money; If anything they can save you time and you can just print whatever crap they send over in the future and take their money.

Billct2

His first one is a rip off of an existing design and his second one sucks , makes no sense, what with the giant D and the illegible scrawl that supposed to be claws.
At least your simple one is legible, but the claw marks remind me too much of Monster Energy.
I would make sure your billing is clear upfront because this sounds like a pita client. Or just tell him his logo design is great and run with it

Last edited:

Grizzly

It’s all about your print!
His first one is a rip off of an existing design and his second one sucks , makes no sense, what with the giant D and the illegible scream that supposed to be claws.
At least your simple one is legible, but the claw marks remind me too much of Monster Energy.
I would make sure your billing is clear upfront because this sounds like a pita client. If just tell him his logo design is great and run with it
The claw marks is a good point and now I can't unsee monster energy! Soooo that's getting changed. Ha ha

JBurton

Signtologist
Bear needs to be spitting some chaw, otherwise perfect.
AI really doesn't seem to understand either 'chewing tobacco' or 'spitting some chew.'
OIG4.fzdFn2QCTvJUCXeEhO.a

OIG1.tABhN3ChdqTAaaHJXIb_

This last one's my favorite, like the ai totally took 'tobacco' and determined that they must drive a chevy and use a kubota/john deere fusion, also let's have the bear ride a push mower and blow smoke from one ear.
OIG1.TK3zWLprwOYRbav_onVl

White Haus

Not a Newbie
AI really doesn't seem to understand either 'chewing tobacco' or 'spitting some chew.'
This is both hilarious and scary. Mind sharing what type of AI you're using for these?

Not to get too side-tracked (or is it too late for that?) but how do rights/copyrights work for AI-generated logos?

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
OIG4.fzdFn2QCTvJUCXeEhO.a

OIG1.tABhN3ChdqTAaaHJXIb_

This last one's my favorite, like the ai totally took 'tobacco' and determined that they must drive a chevy and use a kubota/john deere fusion, also let's have the bear ride a push mower and blow smoke from one ear.
OIG1.TK3zWLprwOYRbav_onVl
I liked the first one.