• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Logo Design

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
This is both hilarious and scary. Mind sharing what type of AI you're using for these?

Not to get too side-tracked (or is it too late for that?) but how do rights/copyrights work for AI-generated logos?
from what I've read, at this point you can't claim any rights to AI generated artwork. So you can charge some sucker for it, but you can't claim intellectual property rights.

JBurton

Signtologist
This is both hilarious and scary. Mind sharing what type of AI you're using for these?

Not to get too side-tracked (or is it too late for that?) but how do rights/copyrights work for AI-generated logos?
These are all from https://www.bing.com/create , (powered by DALL-E 3) gotta login with your live account, and you get something like 10 tokens a week for free. From what I've read, each image is either an original creation of the AI, or is a reused AI generated asset from a similar or identical prompt. So, from my point of view, this is a collaboration between me and a robot, totally unique to my super creative prompt, and even if micro$oft came across a logo their AI created, they could not have done it without my prompt, nor could they (or would they?) be able to prove it was theirs to hold the rights to.
At any rate, I've sold two signs with AI generated logos so far, both relatively cheap and easily replaced if sh*t hits the fan. I'm actually considering purchasing a system with some built in AI functionality, presumably so that all generated content would be my property, but with it all in the air as far as training and IP rights, who knows who owns what?

Boudica

These are all from https://www.bing.com/create , (powered by DALL-E 3) gotta login with your live account, and you get something like 10 tokens a week for free. From what I've read, each image is either an original creation of the AI, or is a reused AI generated asset from a similar or identical prompt. So, from my point of view, this is a collaboration between me and a robot, totally unique to my super creative prompt, and even if micro$oft came across a logo their AI created, they could not have done it without my prompt, nor could they (or would they?) be able to prove it was theirs to hold the rights to.
At any rate, I've sold two signs with AI generated logos so far, both relatively cheap and easily replaced if sh*t hits the fan. I'm actually considering purchasing a system with some built in AI functionality, presumably so that all generated content would be my property, but with it all in the air as far as training and IP rights, who knows who owns what?
Illustrator has text to vector built right in. That's how I did the bear claw - it was full color, but I thought we should start with a black & white logo.

Boudica

OIG1.cyqUv21MunP5aDgkeAxP

Just tell him your an artist, not a spelling b champ...
View attachment 1706895976561.png

White Haus

Not a Newbie
Interesting, I'll have to play with this a bit. Does it not understand how to use proper spelling or were you intentionally giving it misspelled words?

JBurton

Signtologist
I can't say why it won't spell some words right, it's really random.
Illustrator has text to vector built right in.
Wait, to vector?? That's neat! How does the EULA discern ownership of the generated art? Also, does it work without internet? I'm curious if it's processing on your pc or in the cloud...

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
Illustrator's Text to Vector function is, at best, good for only brain storming purposes. None of the results are production quality.

One issue is all the results are essentially auto-traced into vector format. It's just like running the Live Trace function on a photo. Next problem: the imagery (like just about anything "AI" generated) has an uncanny valley vibe to it.

MNT_Printhead

Working among the Corporate Lizard People
Yeah, but for logo work, there's not much of a valley to fall into, more like a dip or bump in the road, am I right?
The mountains are a little jacked up, you'd still have fix a few things. Kind of like how it has issues with the right amount of fingers on hands for the photo realistic stuff Check out this AI video advertising baseball <-- link, sorry it has 2 short ads.

Johnny Best

Yeah, but for logo work, there's not much of a valley to fall into, more like a dip or bump in the road, am I right?
I realize JBurton that you found your talent, and you are excited. But, it does have child like toy look to it, koddaak lawnmower, your child will łove to drive it when his father is driving the real lawnmower, hours of fun and easy to put together, with no sharp edges. Itʼs a vally dude.

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
JBurton said:

No. Honestly, it's a bunch of crap. Even when trying to write text prompts to deliver abstract kinds of imagery. I played with the so-called "AI" things for awhile and got fed up pretty quickly by the garbage I was seeing. Click a button. Wait a bit and get 3 results. Don't like what you see? Click the button again for another 3 results. It's like a stupid slot machine. It's just delivering random imagery. And most of it is crap.

I'm not bothered by that, because I'm actually competent at the job I do and I don't need any "AI" s#!+ as a crutch to get my work done.

I realize quite a lot of people who want to perform "work" like some kind of not-work scam are really excited about "AI." They can sit back, get high and let the computer do their work for them while they still get paid. A bunch of private equity investor bros are excited about it too. They're excited for how many jobs can be eliminated, for how many employees can be face-punched, all while they make more money. Scam scam scam.

JBurton

Signtologist
I realize JBurton that you found your talent, and you are excited. But, it does have child like toy look to it, koddaak lawnmower, your child will łove to drive it when his father is driving the real lawnmower, hours of fun and easy to put together, with no sharp edges. Itʼs a vally dude.
Not arguing about this layout, I mean the idea of a 'logo' is pretty far and away from anything realistic, which is where the uncanny valley comes out in full force. For a logo, you want more abstract imagery to convey your services, or to sear the mark that signifies you are the 'one and only' brand for a given market. You're very right, this logo looks rather childish and fun, which depending on your demographic (Beverly Hills vs Beverly Hill Billies, etc) may land or whiff. (I forgot to mention, here is my original prompt: logo for landscaping company, featuring a teddy bear chewing tobacco while pushing a lawnmower, called "kodiak landscaping & construction LLC")
Here's my much more serious prompt; clean and sharp logo for landscaping company, featuring a grizzly bear pushing a lawnmower, called "kodiak landscaping & construction LLC".
OIG2.4jaEn.6.QyIQtRBr3Wmy
OIG2.QMyv1SdmQ0GdvJi5X2dh

Now, I'm not promoting AI (it's pretty terrifying to think too much about the future my kids will grow up in), I think it's cute and fun, I very much prefer dropping a few words into a prompt to get my goofy pictures for the forum, but it does give some excellent jumping off points for the uninspired creator that is me. For kicks, here's nearly the same prompt, just asking for it to be done in a different style:
OIG3.w6vcxto9vNIq6114vwxn

Mad Max
OIG1.Xzg9ABsuu5oS8aZxptIG

1950's style logo
OIG3.pHV25QTMvcTe9uy85Sz6

pixel art
OIG3.ZQcp7Pz3HPPAFz5mt2YO

Van Gogh

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Not arguing about this layout, I mean the idea of a 'logo' is pretty far and away from anything realistic, which is where the uncanny valley comes out in full force. For a logo, you want more abstract imagery to convey your services, or to sear the mark that signifies you are the 'one and only' brand for a given market. You're very right, this logo looks rather childish and fun, which depending on your demographic (Beverly Hills vs Beverly Hill Billies, etc) may land or whiff. (I forgot to mention, here is my original prompt: logo for landscaping company, featuring a teddy bear chewing tobacco while pushing a lawnmower, called "kodiak landscaping & construction LLC")
Here's my much more serious prompt; clean and sharp logo for landscaping company, featuring a grizzly bear pushing a lawnmower, called "kodiak landscaping & construction LLC".

Now, I'm not promoting AI (it's pretty terrifying to think too much about the future my kids will grow up in), I think it's cute and fun, I very much prefer dropping a few words into a prompt to get my goofy pictures for the forum, but it does give some excellent jumping off points for the uninspired creator that is me. For kicks, here's nearly the same prompt, just asking for it to be done in a different style:
OIG3.w6vcxto9vNIq6114vwxn

Mad Max

pixel art

Van Gogh
I like the jacked bear wearing boots.