• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Review Logo for Hurrah Players

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
I was four....
Good thing he specified he wanted professional evaluations from both young and old!

JBurton

Signtologist
My family name is from the famous green muppet that lives in the garbage can.
Wait, kermit?
The_face_of_an_innocent_man.png

Stacey K

I like making signs
I was 1 year old in 1975.

I hope this isn't one of those personality tests...

I prefer the middle one on the bottom. I hope that doesn't make me a serial killer.

Capt Rocco

Okay, things I designed in 2021 for Christmas. It is "Bethlehem Inn" Interactive Dinner Theatre for Theatrix Productions.

This is a poster...

Beth Inn (2023) Poster (Website).jpg

...this is the bottle label for dipping oil...

Olive Oil Sticker (Rev 1).jpg

...this is a basic logo...

Beth Inn Logo (Rev 1) Small.jpg

...so, tell me what you think?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Nice colors, but the logo blends in too much with the background when you look at it from a normal viewing distance. Also, what would you do, if you didn't have photoshop for ALL those effects ??

Stacey K

I like making signs
I think the poster looks great. I like the colors, the photo placement is nice also. I normally wouldn't use all caps but there aren't that many words so it's OK IMO.

The label is good, but you didn't kern the h and s in Leahs'.

For the general logo, I'm not sold on the star above the "I". I get that it dots the "I" but for some reason my eye looks at the line on the bottom of the star and the top of I. However, I know sometimes customers have these ideas so you have to work with them. It seems like the kerning is off in An Interactive Dinner Theatre.

Overall I like it all!

Boudica

Most of it looks pretty nice. Not bad for a movie poster. Or theatre in this case.
I don't like the food part. It's too busy and dark. The image collage is too choppy, make it blend better. No black stroke on the food item names, add a thinner white stroke to make it bolder, and space the kerning a bit more.

Johnny Best

I like the Bethlehem Inn wit drawing of city but everything else, no likes.
Did Joseph get DoorDash for himself and Mary, the Shepherds paid for it.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
Love the "Here is the food that weserve to you" part. Not sure if it's supposed to be funny, but it made me chuckle.

Also, took me a minute to get the 1-star bit.

Boudica

For the general logo, I'm not sold on the star above the "I". I get that it dots the "I" but for some reason my eye looks at the line on the bottom of the star and the top of I.
I don't like the placement of the star either. It's a capitol "I" - it doesn't get a dot. It shouldn't be running into the lettering, needs some spacing around it.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Middle-Eastern. Mid Eastern is about where I live here in PA. However, there is a town just to the north of us about 40 miles called Bethlehem.

JBurton

Signtologist
Also, what would you do, if you didn't have photoshop for ALL those effects ??
I am not a fan of this much... I guess gaudiness crammed into one line of text. It's embossed, outlined, drop shadowed, cropped drop shadow, highlighted, and distressed. Gives migraine vibes. Though the one without highlight or embossment looks pretty good.
He's talking about a Sesame St Muppet. Not the Muppet Show Muppets.
Oh, I see

groucho_marx.jpg

north of us about 40 miles called Bethlehem.
I'll see your Bethlehem, PA, and raise you one Palestine, AR.

Boudica

Not to ruin this guy's thread, but if you wanna start another thread, I know PA will beat out your state....... hands down for weird/funny names. :toasting:
I used to work in the shipping dept in another life, we got a kick out of some of the city names we were shipping to in PA. So much that we got a map of PA just to see how many other wacky names there were. Its hilarious.