• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Logo help please

SignManiac

Unfortunately, it doesn't matter what we like. It will come down to what the customer chooses. Even though some of the 101 member suggestions are great, the client may have the taste of a blind executioner. It will be interesting to see what they ultimately decide on..

toucan_graphics

Unfortunately, it doesn't matter what we like. It will come down to what the customer chooses. Even though some of the 101 member suggestions are great, the client may have the taste of a blind executioner. It will be interesting to see what they ultimately decide on..

You hit the nail on the head. I dodged a bullet today when the client suggested 2 other styles... one a popsicle Andy Warhol .... "Pop Mania" below 4 popsicles done in wild colors. Interesting idea, but certainly not an effective logo IMO. Her other idea was the word PopMania in a script font with a pair of lips. She must have had a moment of clarity because she changed her mind.

All things considered though, I enjoy clients like her who give me input and a little bit of direction rather than those that just say "I need a logo for a popsicle company" and reject the first 4 designs while offering little or no feedback.

toucan_graphics

I worked up a few designs from everyone's suggestions and it looks like Hamburger Heaven won out for font use. (Thanks Tiki)
Aside from tweaking "Handcrafted Lollies" so it looks better, I'm just nailing down a concrete design and color options.

This is the current formation of the logo. (I hope I haven't ripped Tiki's idea because I kept the same font and tilt angle)

popmania-sample.jpg

TXFB.INS

EXACTLY

our designer has been working on a partial vehicle wrap for WAY TOO LONG and the last meeting for edits they brought in someone new to offer input (oh the joys) finally they asked the designer what his opinion was. the reply was golden "yes I have opinions on what it should be but no I am not offering them, there has been so many edits so far that if I offer my opinions and once my opinion is vehicle you are not TOTALLY happy it will be my fault and every time you look at the vehicle you will become annoyed and think how horrible I am at designing and never use us again, so what edits are you needing this time and I'll start the edits asap"

to which the new person said, "yeah why are you making so many edits? the first layout (the designers idea) looked great was easy to read and had everything you wanted/needed"

BTW tikiboyz concept is SUPER

Jillbeans

I like it, but something in your outline (in Mania's first "a") looks really wonky.
I'd make the pop and the word both have a black outline, (the PopMania in white with a black outline I mean) and use a lighter purple drop shadow. I don't like the brown on the pop it looks icky and has no "pop".
:smile:

thinksigns

SnowFlake
A quick and crude sample with some forced perspective. Like someone was offering you to have some of their popsicle.
I think it makes it more engaging.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2013-05-31 at 8.42.23 AM.png
    Screen shot 2013-05-31 at 8.42.23 AM.png
    20.5 KB · Views: 100

rjpjr

I worked up a few designs from everyone's suggestions ...

While I REALLY liked Tiki's concept, I agree with Pat about the simplicity of original .

Not quite feeling it with the latest attempt...The banner graphic isn't working for me.

FYI...the new frozen yogurt franchise "Orange Leaf" use orange heavily. Because of that, I might lean more towards the lime green shades.

Attachments

• PopMania-orange1.jpg
    PopMania-orange1.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 103
  • PopMania-orange2.jpg
    PopMania-orange2.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 128
  • PopMania-green.jpg
    PopMania-green.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 114

John Butto

they went nuts

If they see one more lime green, purple or orange pop with random fonts below or on a slant etc.

toucan_graphics

well it looks as though the effort was for nothing. The client has changed the name of the business. Apparently Pop Mania is already trademarked. At least I can bill for the second logo too :smile:

Jillbeans

That's the name? Seriously?
What a goofy name (sorry I know it's not your fault)
There are too many angles for starters, you need something straight in there.
Fonts are icky and the one for the tagline looks really weak.
Too many colors, too.

toucan_graphics

yep. that's the name. She's a very sweet lady but I think she is just rushing to come up with SOMETHING.

I know the fonts are icky.... I can never seem to pick strong fonts. (Kinda like Charlie Brown can never kick the football :smile:)
Do you have any font suggestions?

CP Signs

Well, I put your new logo to the test. I actually showed my kids and they asked if we could go there. If the target area are kids, I would say it works, lol. Yes the fonts aren't strong, but personally I don't think they need to be for that specific logo. Just my.02

John Butto

I agree with CPSigns's kids, like the colors and main font. You just need to tweek that pop so it does not look the thickness of a dime. It is the start of a good logo.

Jillbeans

Here's a quickie suggestion (just modified clip art for the pops)
I used Square Meal for the name (modified) and broke up the wording so maybe it reads better.
Pops my gosh reminds me of someone having a solo big O or squeezing a zit.
The tagline is Pupcat. Thought it suggested maybe the pops standing on a planet but didn't want to get too detailed.
Like earlier, I'd suggest keeping the words in black and white rather than a color.
This is by no means a masterpiece.

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 115

John Butto

Jill, those green and orange ones look like Prono Pops, "my gosh" is what the girl pops say when they see those two.