• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

longest print ever?

jyl

what is your longest one piece print?

I am about to print 20ft long print.
just little worry about my vp540.

tomence

4' x 16' on a converted Roland FJ-52 as straight as it can be no problemos. I think you should be able to print that long of a piece.

Flame

4' x 30' banner... on a 48" printer. Little scary but pulled it off beautifully. 3 identical ones.

Sticky Signs

Should be ok. I've printed 12'x38' hoarding graphics in one go with no problems. I find using the media flanges help a lot with making sure the vinyl tracks properly with bunching up.

MikePro

8'x100'
did it in ~25 8' tiles on my 54"... all applied off the ground in about 18hrs, solo.

CropMarks

5ft x 25ft opaque scrim print on a HP z6100 at my old place of work. Nothing like making a ginormous print that loves to get scratched up even if you breathe on it wrong.

S

scarface

just a lil' 12 footer here with my 30" machine so far.

jigsaw

12mtres on XC540, on long prints I roll the media almost right through the full length on to the take up roll just for piece of mind.:scream:

rwinninger

2-4'X60' banners in one run on VP540 prayed the whole time it didn't track. Tracked about 1/2 inch over the run.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
73 foot banner on a converted roland fj 52, one piece!

it was supposed to be a 75 foot banner, but the weight of the banner material caused a little shortage! :)

nobody ever noticed.

Craig Sjoquist

wow people only time you see sizes like that even close is when the city or county government want it. here unless going else where I rarely get jobs over 20 ft long.

MikePro

Am I the only one who has done a full roll (150') at a time?
+1 to full roll
8'x100', was my biggest to date. as posted above
did it in ~25 8' tiles on my 54"... all applied off the ground in about 18hrs, solo.
still from a single file, but was on 1.5rolls

if you're askin solely for one print length... i've done 6- 36"x120' wallpaper murals in ~25' tiles in the past 3yrs. Also installed solo, but only after the first couple I had a 2nd set of hands since I had never wallpapered before. I would have printed the whole 120' length as one piece, but the roll gets heavy as hell at about 15' when you add all the paste, and shorter tiles also helped me keep it level while turning corners.

worried about print error half-way? hell yes i was!
sure love it when I can rely on my printer.

FatCat

My longest was just over 120' (not quite a full roll) printed an entire large box truck wrap plus the back roll-up door. My Mutoh never missed a beat, just kept chugging.