• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rant Look at that, two in one day...............................................

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Quoted a job for a customer back at the end of August. Even did the layouts, as I knew I'd get the job. We do their vehicles every coupla years. Got the PO and whatnot and was looking for the last 15 minutes and we can't find the files anywhere. I found the proofs and the quote, but not my working files. DId a search on other computers, but notting. Now, I'll hafta re-create them. Won't take long, it's just I already did it once.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Usually when I can't find a file in the computer it's because I accidentally saved it in the wrong alphabetic folder or gave it a name I can't think of any more.
I thought of that and looked under about 15 different variations of it, then did a search for the dates and nothing shows up. For me, I have two computers on my desk. Win7 and Win10 and windows 10 has a tendency to shut itself off and reboot at any given time and if I didn't have it saved, it wouldn't have brought it back up. Since I already had made a proof, I was probably tardy in saving the file, then outta sight, outta mind, I forgot about it, til this morning. I do much more on the older system, but I might've used 10 for this one for whatever reason. Still stands, I think I'm f*cked. :doh:

gabagoo

Did you send them a layout?. When I lose files or misplace them I usually take the pdf file and work with that...if possible

Gino

Premium Subscriber
It's a low res jpeg. I can't work from that. I need the stuff they sent me back in august. It's only gonna take maybe 20 minutes to do, it's just these processes s*ck the way they think for you mosta the time.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
I thought of that and looked under about 15 different variations of it, then did a search for the dates and nothing shows up. For me, I have two computers on my desk. Win7 and Win10 and windows 10 has a tendency to shut itself off and reboot at any given time and if I didn't have it saved, it wouldn't have brought it back up. Since I already had made a proof, I was probably tardy in saving the file, then outta sight, outta mind, I forgot about it, til this morning. I do much more on the older system, but I might've used 10 for this one for whatever reason. Still stands, I think I'm f*cked. :doh:

Ugh, this happens to me ALL the time! Damn Windows 10, why can't you leave my damn computer alone so I don't have to worry about my 10 unsaved files I have open!

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Recently I had a similar mystery. Some how the hidden files "feature" had been turned on for a particular set of files. Don't ask me how. look in the folder they were, and make sure it's not checked. here is a visual aid.

1635870462481.png

MNT_Printhead

Working among the Corporate Lizard People
I've been having PDFs disappear from the server, it is very weird - luckily I keep my native files also. I also have folders that Onyx isn't able load files from, I have to move the file to another location to get it to print - that issue took me 2 days to figure out.