• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for…

drewpiercer

So I’ve never posted in a forum before so hopefully I’m posting in the right spot and such, I did search first and couldn’t find anything that way either so here goes.

I’m looking for something rigid probably around half the thickness of a credit card, for direct print with an eco solvent printer, preferably 30” but I can always cut it down

I’ve been hunting google forever and can’t seem to find what I’m looking for, not that I even know exactly what that is. Help.

Andy

netsol

Yes,
I print on an old roland fj52 as well as a sc545-ex
The 545 has media clamps, which help control,the sheet

What we normally do is CAREFULLY put some tape, like a thin duct tape on the underside, limed up with the grit rollers. Then theynhave something to bite into. It's easier if you line up a small table or conveyor for in & out guides for stability. Keep head in highest position. Setup as sheet

netsol

Be very careful about head crashes!
I hesitated to respond and encourage you, but it is possible, we do it

2B

fully rigid?
don't know of anything that thin and still "rigid"

have you looked at Polystyrene?

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
So I’ve never posted in a forum before so hopefully I’m posting in the right spot and such, I did search first and couldn’t find anything that way either so here goes.

I’m looking for something rigid probably around half the thickness of a credit card, for direct print with an eco solvent printer, preferably 30” but I can always cut it down

I’ve been hunting google forever and can’t seem to find what I’m looking for, not that I even know exactly what that is. Help.

Andy
Finished dimensions?

JB

drewpiercer

fully rigid?
don't know of anything that thin and still "rigid"

have you looked at Polystyrene?
I guess I say rigid because all the semi rigid stuff I see is only around 6mil and and adhesive backed. I definitely want it thicker than that. I think of a credit card in it small form is pretty rigid but if you had a larger sheet of the same material it would probably be pretty floppy lol

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Using materials not really meant to go through an eco solvent machine means you must be sure you can find an appropriate profile and the material needs to be able to be pre-heated enough to accept ink and then heated up for post printing. These kinds materials seldom exist. If you get it to work, odds are you're not going to have a very good bond. As mentioned, this is what flatbed printing is for. OR........ print on vinyl and adhere to a .010 piece of styrene.

MNT_Printhead

Working among the Corporate Lizard People
You might look into Sihl 3241 Display Pro, it will flex but it is 11mil polyester film. I use it for double sided posters on the HPs I run.

10sacer

Andy
high density polyethylene (HDPE)