• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for advice on project

Redtech96

I am just starting out and have been practicing my skills. Looking for any advice on spacing, colors, font, etc. Thank you in advance. It might be hard to see in the picture, but the banner says "SOLD HERE".

Attachments

• IMAG3969.jpg
    IMAG3969.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 104

Marlene

I like the idea of this design and the colors. the main lettering could have been pushed up more towards the top so the banner swooped under the lettering and not over it or just barely over it. I like the feel of it as I would buy a pie here as it looks like it might be baked by someone's grandma. the shadow feels off to me as it looks to be more to the left and up so if makes the main copy feel like it is dropping down rather than rising up.

Billct2

If you're going for a vintage homemade sign it works. The banner & Sold Here ned more contrast

Marlene

it depends where you are using this sign. as an interior sign or one just outside the door with other signs to ID the business, no need for in your face contrast. if it is all they have and will be used something like what John showed, then it needs contrast to be seen. where and how a sign is used makes a difference.

Redtech96

Thank you

Thank you everyone. This is really helpful! I will keep all this in mind on the next project. The shadowing looked a bit strange to me too, but couldn't put my finger on it. The example that John showed really helped. I will work on my layouts and visual concepts a little more.

RyanFelty

I like it the way it is....You can see the Apple Pies just fine and I like the subtle sold here. If I saw a Sign that said Apple Pies I would already assume they are for sale. Looks better than a lot files we get from "designers". Good Work.

2B

the main lettering could have been pushed up more towards the top so the banner swooped under the lettering and not over it or just barely over it.

since you are going for the "apple" feel, use the color of an apple's inside as the "sold hear" color. Since you are using the skin color for the main copy.
This will keep the subtle color but add just enough coloring for the people who as looking to find it easier.