• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for best prices aluminum sign blanks in the US

tmays

Instead of going to China, I was looking for a source for pre cut aluminum sign blanks. Appreciate any help

Gino

Premium Subscriber
You need to be more specific. That's like asking what's the best hamburger or the best hammer ??

Stacey K

I like making signs
I buy mine randomly from Grimco, NGlantz...Signwarehouse has some blanks also.

Not sure of the cheapest place but I've had good luck with specific sizing requests from Hall Signs. They can cut whatever size you need and they are quick.

tmays

I buy mine randomly from Grimco, NGlantz...Signwarehouse has some blanks also.

Not sure of the cheapest place but I've had good luck with specific sizing requests from Hall Signs. They can cut whatever size you need and they are quick.
Thank you very much for your reply.

rjssigns

Want cheap? Find your local fab shop and ask them for a quote. A good shop will have a laser which is great if you need custom shapes.
If you're not in a rush let them know it's okay to nest your work. Usually leads to a better rate since they get to use drop from larger jobs.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Guess I'm dumb, but you're mixing two systems. Can you make it all one ?? For instance, what is .65mm ??

tmays

Guess I'm dumb, but you're mixing two systems. Can you make it all one ?? For instance, what is .65mm ??
apologies.

.65mm is the thickness of the aluminum
12 inch is the length
12 inch is the width

I am looking for blank material pre-cut aluminum sign blanks to print on via a UV printer - specifically a Mimaki JFX-200 2513EX

unclebun

.65mm converts to .025". Although you can find unpainted sheet stock that thickness, and even precut pieces in that thickness, I am not sure anyone has it painted white.

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
Instead of going to China, I was looking for a source for pre cut aluminum sign blanks. Appreciate any help
So, two things:

1- have you asked your supplier if they will cut them?
2- have you contacted a metal fab shop? I know that might be overkill, but you'd be surprised what they will do for you.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
That's what I was getting at......... .65mm is less than a license plate. What kinda signs must you buy in quantity at that thickness ?? You could buy a full sheet or two and cut them with a scissors.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
That's around 24gauge which is super flimsy. We bought 10 4x10 sheets of 24ga galvalume last year to replace the ridge cap on our shop, the stuff was a royal pain to handle. It was tricky to shear and brake since it was so floppy. I don't see someone making signs with it plus the edges would be like a dull razor blade.

tmays

.65mm converts to .025". Although you can find unpainted sheet stock that thickness, and even precut pieces in that thickness, I am not sure anyone has it painted white.
I will gladly take them in white. Do you have source for precut, aluminum signs?
That's around 24gauge which is super flimsy. We bought 10 4x10 sheets of 24ga galvalume last year to replace the ridge cap on our shop, the stuff was a royal pain to handle. It was tricky to shear and brake since it was so floppy. I don't see someone making signs with it plus the edges would be like a dull razor blade.
apologies 45 guage

Gino

Premium Subscriber
There's no helping you, if you keep changing the parameters. In American sizes, what do you actually need ?? Stop mixing. Aluminum is measured in inches, not by gauge. Once you get to a certain thickness, it becomes plate. I think that's around .090 or a little higher.

So.......................

12" x 12" x .032 or .040 ??