• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking For Brushed Aluminum Blanks

onedge

www.bigdawgsigns.net
Where is the best place to get brushed aluminum blanks. I need some 3" x 5", 2.5" x 5" and 2" x 6.75" looking for a good many of them for a customer order

Johnny Best

Grimco carries 3mm Maxmetal one sided with a brushed aluminum finish on one side. I just cut them up on the table saw.

onedge

www.bigdawgsigns.net
Grimco carries 3mm Maxmetal one sided with a brushed aluminum finish on one side. I just cut them up on the table saw.
that is a possible option that I gave them. That is thicker than what they currently have. One of the plates they engrave a serial number and date on

gnubler

Bumping this. Looking for .063 or 1/16" brushed aluminum to match some existing plates. Any recs on where I can get a small sheet or have some pieces cut down to size? All I'm coming up with is ordering full sheets of .040...don't need that much and that's too thin.

Z SIGNS

Buy a 4x8 sheet and buy a step shear and you will never have to ask this question again for the rest of your life

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Bumping this. Looking for .063 or 1/16" brushed aluminum to match some existing plates. Any recs on where I can get a small sheet or have some pieces cut down to size? All I'm coming up with is ordering full sheets of .040...don't need that much and that's too thin.
what sizes do you need?

gnubler

Buy a 4x8 sheet and buy a step shear and you will never have to ask this question again for the rest of your life
On my list!

I'm checking with a local engraving shop, it's such a small order. I need around 20 plates 36" wide x 2" tall. I think I can get away with using .040 1/64" aluminum.

Gino - I am looking into that idea also, to wrap it with brushed metal vinyl.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
On my list!

I'm checking with a local engraving shop, it's such a small order. I need around 20 plates 36" wide x 2" tall. I think I can get away with using .040 1/64" aluminum.

Gino - I am looking into that idea also, to wrap it with brushed metal vinyl.
Good for you and don't forget to have a great day !!!