• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

looking for cartoon artist

dasigndr

Premium Subscriber
I have a client who wants me to create a cartoon caraciture of himself. He provided a photo and he wants slight modifications, like, his arm needs to be a little higher and he wants a wrench / tool in his hand.
Can anyone provide a contact for someone who does this?
I can vectorize the caricature myself once it is drawn.
need asap
thanks in advance

dasigndr

Premium Subscriber
Why are you yelling ??

If you google their names alone, you'll get all the contact information you need...... or are you trying not to provide anything in your search ?? :sleepin:
LOL...not yelling, just don't pay attention if caps lock is on or not!!
do you know how many "John Deaton" show up on google search??

Gino

Premium Subscriber
When I did it..... his name was first, second, third and fourth. He was splattered all over the place. If you tried it, you should've seen him.

WildWestDesigns

When I did it..... his name was first, second, third and fourth. He was splattered all over the place. If you tried it, you should've seen him.

Didn't get the right one just entering John Deaton in Google when I did it. Got the correct name, not necessarily the correct person. In fact, don't get close to the correct one until one starts looking at the Facebook Profiles results generated from that search. At least from what I saw.

There is a key distinction between those 2 scenarios. It does need something more then just the name, entering in 'cartoonist' with 'John Deaton' provides the correct first result. Name by itself, may or may not help.

Attachments

• deaton.png
    deaton.png
    385.5 KB · Views: 152

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Like you, I put cartoon behind the name. I didn't think I hadda say that, too. :bookworm

If I'm trying to find a dentist or a mechanic's shop, I would think anyone who can basically type, would put that in back of the name. Maybe I'm giving too much credit to this new breed of sign people.

WildWestDesigns

Like you, I put cartoon behind the name. I didn't think I hadda say that, too.

Well, I must say (and this is more then likely to my detriment) I go quite literally what is typed on an internet forum and try not to speculate as much as I can (sometimes I fail miserably at that) behind what they said. Now, I'm not talking about going off what some whackado said mind you (or someone that reads like a whackado).

So when I read something like this:

If you google their names alone, you'll get all the contact information you need

It sounds like all you did was type in their name and got the desired result for the correct person.

Now granted, I'm one of those that naturally tries to be as specific as I can be when doing searches and sometimes that's not good either. Especially when trying to look up coding help.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, guess you're right. Literally speaking, I typed that wrong. I took something for granted, but It still doesn't take much more than a second grader to figure that one out. Oh well, I usually rely on what's said, too, but this one came back to bite me. Wonder if the OP has found it yet ?? Wonder if he'll even have him make 7 or 8 cartoons ??