• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for 'feet' for standing sign boards

RMarshall

A regular client sends us the attached photo they found online and they're looking for standing sign boards similar to the green ones in the background.
They're looking for something durable enough for repeated use.
No artwork yet but they're planning on around 3ft wide x 5ft tall.

Any recommendations for stabilizer feet?

I saw at our regular vendors are SpiderFeet but I can't find any specs on what sizes they're 'rated' for so Im not sure what size to get/how many per board/or if they'd even be sturdy enough.
I would imagine it would be pretty easy to custom cut some feet out of 1/2in foam or 10mm corro but we don't have a flatbed cutter.

Attachments

• IMG_2631 (1).PNG
    IMG_2631 (1).PNG
    2.9 MB · Views: 339

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Cut 'em outta wood with a saw and make a groove the size of the substrate. Made hundreds of these over the years. Ya don't need no stinkin' flatbed cutter, just your hands and a saw.

In fact, I saw at a trade show once, someone used 6" aluminum 'L' brackets bolted together.

axelmk

A regular client sends us the attached photo they found online and they're looking for standing sign boards similar to the green ones in the background.
They're looking for something durable enough for repeated use.
No artwork yet but they're planning on around 3ft wide x 5ft tall.

Any recommendations for stabilizer feet?

I saw at our regular vendors are SpiderFeet but I can't find any specs on what sizes they're 'rated' for so Im not sure what size to get/how many per board/or if they'd even be sturdy enough.
I would imagine it would be pretty easy to custom cut some feet out of 1/2in foam or 10mm corro but we don't have a flatbed cutter.
We use a lot of these from Expolinc.
Not the cheapest but by far the best and most durable we have found.

for more temporary use we cut them out of the same board, either 1/2" Infinity board or 1/2" Eagle cell. Make sure you cut openings on both ends (board and feet) for stability.
We can even share the illustrator files we use, if you'd like.

Hope this helps.

IMG_3036.JPG
FullSizeRender 5 (1).jpg

ChicagoGraphics

Maybe check out spider feet sign feet, Grimco use to sell them not sure if they still do but you can also buy them off of Amazon

RMarshall

We use a lot of these from Expolinc.
Not the cheapest but by far the best and most durable we have found.

for more temporary use we cut them out of the same board, either 1/2" Infinity board or 1/2" Eagle cell. Make sure you cut openings on both ends (board and feet) for stability.
We can even share the illustrator files we use, if you'd like.

Hope this helps.

View attachment 161959 . View attachment 161960
If you wouldn't mind sharing the AI file that you use that would be really helpful.

We'll probably be subbing these out (our printer just went down and parts are on backorder) and the company we use would be able to cut the feet out for us.

Plan B is to go with SpiderFeet.
For a 3x5ft board would there be any difference in using the 16.5" SpiderFeet vs the 12.5" ones?
Guessing I should plan on 2 feet per board?

FYI Harbor Sales sells more sizes than Grimco does and for cheaper.

Devcnc

you could try 10mm Coroplast depending on the size of sign just make feet or if you want to git fancy try 10 mm Acrylic that would look nice and its heavier . just my 2 cents