• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question looking for quotes, invoice, payment program

Chuck7772

silverback
I am looking for a program or to see house everyone keeps track of there quotes and invoices. Not sure if there is a system out there were you send a quote and then you can just resend it as a invoice. thank you for you help in advance.

Stacey K

I like making signs
Wave! It's web based, free and easier to use than Quickbooks (in my opinion). You can create the estimate then create an invoice from it. You can also have multiple businesses. I use it for my sign shop and I have my rental properties in it. You can easily change the accounts to your liking. You can also accept credit cards or mark your invoices paid by check or cash. Decent reports also.

Chuck7772

silverback
I recommend https://www.nchsoftware.com/invoice/index.html?ns=true&kw=express%20invoice&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIqaLhiOHq3AIVylmGCh1mKA0OEAAYASAAEgLeS_D_BwE
Invoices, quotes, payments, reports, customer lists, you name it. Inexpensive and is amazing software. Also if you get the pro edition (it's like $30 more) you can network it and run it on any computer in your shop. Meaning you can write invoices, quotes, pull up information, everything from any computer.
can you accept payment with this program too?

bannertime

We use Quickbooks for our estimate and invoicing. Would recommend not using Online and just purchasing the software and user licenses.

TimToad

QB. I just knocked out several estimates in a matter of moments. When folks place their orders based on the exact estimate, its a click of a button to convert it to an invoice for either the 50% deposit, any other amount or the whole balance.

DStanworth

Stanworth Sign
I am looking for a program or to see house everyone keeps track of there quotes and invoices. Not sure if there is a system out there were you send a quote and then you can just resend it as a invoice. thank you for you help in advance.

I’m not sure if this is helpful or not. I do everything in Corel. I can send you a pdf. I bid everything in Corel and it enables me to put in exclusions like, install per normal wall conditions, color samples $30 each if required, permits billed at cost, normal working hours, BLA BLA BLA. Once they sign the bid I file in a sold folder that I send to my bookkeeper. This works for me. I don’t need to learn quick books when my bookkeeper handles this.i have my hands full with design, fabrication and sales.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
You can customize just about anything in QB.

We turn our estimate into a shop work order and all we hafta do is slap a picture from any of the software programs we use right into it. you can run with it as is...... or add things as you go. After everything is finished with any particular job, you can turn it into an invoice or what we call a fax transmittal sheet and have it sent to billing. From there it is either turned right into a file of..... again anything you need to fax, e-mail or print out and send snail mail. I don't know of any reason to be able to do this from any computer, as that could get a little hairy.

First, any computer that is used in the process of making signs is a working computer and is basically tax exempt, while quoting isn't considered accounting, once you turn something into an invoice, it becomes accounting equipment. Now, it's working for two different departments and is now taxable. So, if you have 12 computers or just 2..... why pay taxes on both, if not needed, unless you are not reporting properly to the IRS.

Ready

Ready To Go

We use Cyrious SMS which is can older version of their software. It provides pricing by category ( vinyl; pvc; acm, aluminum, U-channel, etc) The pricing can be customized by the user for their market, and new products and services can be added.

You create an estimate; email it and when ready, converted to an invoice. It is a bit pricey! May be worth a look.

Bob P

White Haus

Not a Newbie
You can customize just about anything in QB.

We turn our estimate into a shop work order and all we hafta do is slap a picture from any of the software programs we use right into it. you can run with it as is...... or add things as you go. After everything is finished with any particular job, you can turn it into an invoice or what we call a fax transmittal sheet and have it sent to billing. From there it is either turned right into a file of..... again anything you need to fax, e-mail or print out and send snail mail. I don't know of any reason to be able to do this from any computer, as that could get a little hairy.

First, any computer that is used in the process of making signs is a working computer and is basically tax exempt, while quoting isn't considered accounting, once you turn something into an invoice, it becomes accounting equipment. Now, it's working for two different departments and is now taxable. So, if you have 12 computers or just 2..... why pay taxes on both, if not needed, unless you are not reporting properly to the IRS.

Heyo Gino, would love to see what your shop work order looks like out of quickbooks - mind sharing it? (You can PM it to me if you prefer)

Always looking at ways to make things go smoother from quoting to production. We use estimates and convert to invoices when orders are ready but in between I've been using an editable PDF "order docket" form which works but takes 5-10 minutes to write up every order.

Thanks.