• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for someone who can make replacement channel letter faces off of tracings

drew_psg

Help!! Needing replacement channel letter faces, but do not have original production file. Does anyone do this using tracings? Or does anyone know a good way to make a good digital file, I can't take photos straight enough to vectorize myself.

Z SIGNS

Another way would be to remove the cans double stick tape the plastic to the back of the letter then run a flush trim router around the letter

MikePro

you'll never get it right from a photo, as you only have like a 1/8" tolerance before you're screwed in either direction.
trace letters onto acrylic, drill the inner corners with a 1/8" bit before cutting with jigsaw (else chance having shatter-points where jigsaw lines intersect)
...if you're replacing faces that no longer have the acrylic letters available, then use a piece of coroplast, or better yet the piece of acrylic you intend to use, to span the can and trace.

spectrum maine

hand cut - spray mount pattern to plastic & use 2" beaded styrofoam as a cutting board. easily cut 6-10 per hour. file burr off edges. old school is the only way. somebody could spend hours digitizing & not get better results. now if it was multiple sets you could find a large format scanner & put it to use.