• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for supplier for .08 Aluminum Signs with simple perimeter contour cut (no inside cuts)

I have used 4Over in the past for this and while the price is good, drop shipping a 6x11 sign (that weighs less than a checkbook) literally 30 miles from the producing warehouse cost $24.74 to ship. The sign cost is less than half that. I know shipping prices are high, but $25....seriously???

Anyone have a supplier?
Thanks

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Whats reasonable to ship? $15 or $20? You getting bent outta shape over $5? Are they shipping to a commercial address or residential?

Stacey K

I like making signs
If it's 30 minutes from your shop then it will take you an hour of travel if you pick it up. If your hourly wage is $75 then + 4 gallons of gas at an average of $4.59 = $18.46. So $75 + $18.46 =$93.46 - $24.74 = a loss of $68.72. If you charge $40 for the sign then your loss is only $28.72. Not trying to be sassy just procrastinating getting to work LOL

Anyways, I really like your little monkey logo. I had a side business called Sleeping Frog Art with a frog that had his eyes closed. People seem drawn to animals, and I had a lot of compliments on it.

unclebun

Our UPS cost for shipping a 1 lb package to somewhere nearby is $20-25 right now. It can actually be cheaper to ship farther away (out of state) to a metro center, by perhaps $5.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
unclenbun, you may check with your business credit card company to see if they have any discount programs with FedEx or UPS. One of my cards is Capital One and they had a discount program I signed up for. It wasn't much at first but FedEx reached out to me shortly after that and said I was approved for better discounts based on volume. (which I didn't think I shipped a lot)

Appreciate all the input but was looking for a new supplier, not logistics advice. No one actually has a supplier?

This will be an ongoing product to be shipped to clients. Shipping prices creates a no deal on the product and me driving to pick up something that can literally fit in a $7 flat rate box is ridiculous and not a good business model. especially when selling the product via ecommerce, forwarding the order to a supplier, and then going to pick up every day??? LOL Not gonna work.

Sad that everybody is making a huge profit on shipping and end users are stuck footing the bill. (Fed Ex did $900 million in PROFITS last year - UPS did $13 Billion ) I am all for companies making a profit but the increased shipping expenses argument we have been fed is a huge LIE. They could easily go back to old prices and STILL make a ton of $. In fact, if they did, they would probably make even more as people would actually ship a lot more things if the price was lower. Rant over.

That said. Again, I appreciate all the ideas and suggestions, but this is a dead topic if no one has a supplier they can recommend.

The Doo

The Sign Lady
HDR Print is a wholesale provider...similar to signs365 they charge $10 (located in Toms River NJ). You just have to buy the whole sheet...not just one sign.
Unlike 365, you can upload different designs, so not just a single design x 60+ signs. https://hdrprint.com

GB2

Old Member
Can you explain exactly what you are looking for, quantity, finish - mill, painted, printed, etc., drop shipped or shipped to you, frequency of ordering, etc.