• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking to buy a laminator

Vinyl.leah

Hi I’m looking for some ideas on what laminator to purchase. I currently have a JCUV300-130 UV printer and I want to start doing more window graphics and wall graphics.

rjssigns

Lots of them out there. A short time ago I posted here looking for cheap laminator recommendations. Responses ran the gamut from cheap Chinese to Kala and AGL. Boils down to budget, AGL/Kala($13K and up), tolerance for DIY with the "off-shore" rigs, or something like the GFP series starting around 5 grand.

I've narrowed my search down to GFP 363th or an off-shore rig that looks nearly identical.

Final analysis: When I inquired regarding parts availability for the off-shore laminator I was told 45 days. When I talked directly to the rep at GFP he said 1 or 2 days for parts.

Drip Dry

Lots of them out there. A short time ago I posted here looking for cheap laminator recommendations. Responses ran the gamut from cheap Chinese to Kala and AGL. Boils down to budget, AGL/Kala($13K and up), tolerance for DIY with the "off-shore" rigs, or something like the GFP series starting around 5 grand.

I've narrowed my search down to GFP 363th or an off-shore rig that looks nearly identical.

Final analysis: When I inquired regarding parts availability for the off-shore laminator I was told 45 days. When I talked directly to the rep at GFP he said 1 or 2 days for parts.
Love my GFP
Almost 10 years without an issue
Was about 6g then, not sure what it is today

Kemik

I sell stickers and sticker accessories.
Hi I’m looking for some ideas on what laminator to purchase. I currently have a JCUV300-130 UV printer and I want to start doing more window graphics and wall graphics.
You will want a laminator with heat assist, we purchased a Rite Media laminator made by Royal Sovereign with heat assist, it heats to 65c max. Which doesn't seem to be hot enough to melt the lamination into all the crevasses around the raised UV print. However we mostly print product labels with very small text, so I imagine large print signs are more forgiving! I would recommend looking for something that will allow for much higher heat if needed for fine details and small text.

If you are on a limited budget you can start with a $250 Vevor 54" laminator. I use that and I also use it to apply vinyl to all my acm boards. I will be upgrading but for starting out it worked fine.
This was our entry point into laminating as well. Works well for laminating graphics and mounting prints to substrates, easy to store under a table when not needed. You probably wouldn't want to laminate long banners but it's perfect for a 4x8 sheet or smaller.

Kevin Schultz

If you are on a limited budget you can start with a $250 Vevor 54" laminator. I use that and I also use it to apply vinyl to all my acm boards. I will be upgrading but for starting out it worked fine.
Is the 54" not still available? Their website only shows up to 51".

Sent from my SM-S906W using Tapatalk

brdesign

I'm also looking for a budget laminator. I would love a Kala laminator but that is way out of my price range. The basic Royal Sovereign models would be in my budget, but the ones I've used previously were nothing but trouble and wasted a lot of material. I've been considering a QOMOLANGMA laminator, the few reviews I have found seem to be favorable overall, but I'm still a little hesitant.

Antnee

I just got a GFP 363TH in June, so easy to use and very reliable. Crowned rollers and take up roller make it helpful on long runs. Also, I know I can get parts in the future if needed.