• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

lost work while importing into flexi?

vectorterrorist

I'm new to using Flexi and I am importing a Adobe cs3 ai file into flexi so I can print it.

When I import it I am losing the clipping mask I made.

it's just the template I am using and some logos that were used. The camo clipping mask is gone...could anyone help me solve this problem?

Thanks

Shovelhead

I'm new to using Flexi and I am importing a Adobe cs3 ai file into flexi so I can print it.

When I import it I am losing the clipping mask I made.

it's just the template I am using and some logos that were used. The camo clipping mask is gone...could anyone help me solve this problem?

Thanks

"Flatten" the file.

thewood

Yes, flattening will turn your file into a raster file. What version of Flexi are you using? My initial thought is to export your CS3 file as an AI v8 and then try importing it into Flexi. Let us know your progress.

Color Dude

What I would do is drop the Adobe CS3 file directly into the production manager.

The reason I say this is because the production manager is Adobe driven PS3 language. It understands things that Flexi cant.

Does this file have a cut path around it? or does it need a cut path? If it does you need to apply the cut path prior to importing directly into the PM.

The only thing you will have to do after importing into the PM is double click on the file holding and set all of your parameters and profile setup. Then just send it, it will work perfectly.