• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

MAD URGENT!!! I missed a big dead line.

elitetech

I had a resturant grand opening that I missed. Ouch.... The client wanted clear vinyl which she saw at Burger king and wanted to cover several of her windows with her logo and some design at around the enterance area. However, I ordered few supposed clear vinyls one from avery and one from orajet, but have visable adhisave backing, and also the test print looks very weak, I have seen images with the clear vinyl,and mine doesnt look any thing like it. I dont think I have the right product, I have spoken with both suppliers and they tell me its the right product, but I know its not. Does any one know a good absolutly clear eco solvent vinyl?

J

john1

You need to be able to print white, I'm guessing your machine doesn't

Craig Sjoquist

I do not bother with clear.
I have it printed on white, the one I'm doing now 9 windows 2 logos each I'm hand cutting them out , since they did not send proper file, not going to vector because then the sign print shop would have file and we share customer. Gives me advantage.

elitetech

I can print white,but its weak and not viberant, here as the attachment, is what i want it to look like.

Attachments

• M_Mojave_Clear-Ad_72dpi.jpg
    M_Mojave_Clear-Ad_72dpi.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 75

the graphics co

Order it from someone who can produce it properly. I am sure there are a few people on the sight that could help you out. If i am trying something for the first time i try to get my feet wet practicing and experimenting on my own stuff, not when I have a deadline and a paying client. There is no shame in outsourcing, your client will be happy that it is done right and on time.

If you don't have the time now because the deadline is up, i would lock myself in my shop and experiment until it was perfect, even if that means staying up till tomorrow working on it.

-Cameron

weaselboogie

This is common sense. If you're printing on clear and can't print white, how can you expect to get white?

Print and cut using regular white vinyl , apply to clear film or apply directly to window.

k.a.s.

If the art is like what is in the pic you posted, why dont you just print and contour cut to shape?

Kevin

artbot

your post says that you can print white. if it's not opaque enough 2x print the white, let it dry, 2x one more time, let dry, then do the color file. simultaneous white printing isn't all it's cracked up to be. ...the image of the bus stop looks like a super easy project for a white/color ink printer.

Baz

If the windows aren't tinted you could reverse print on clear .. laminate with white vinyl .. reverse contour cut and stick it on from the inside.

Baz

That's actually a pretty good idea!

Works very well .. I sometimes use that method for plexiglass signs. Reverse print/lam with white and stick it on the backside. Makes a nice glossy sign with some added protection.

qmr55

Works very well .. I sometimes use that method for plexiglass signs. Reverse print/lam with white and stick it on the backside. Makes a nice glossy sign with some added protection.

Sweet. Thanks for the tip, never woulda thought of that!

J

john1

That would work but the adhesive isn't UV resistant is it? Or am i thinking wrong here?

I can print white,but its weak and not viberant, here as the attachment, is what i want it to look like.

The Mutoh Valuejet 1604 that you've been posting about recently does not offer white ink...unless you are now printing with a different device...