• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Magnetic sign price check

TopFliteGraphics

With ALL of the crazy increases in costs of the past couple of years due to the plandemic, I am curious what the going rate for a pair of 24*12 magnetic signs is nowadays. I've been selling full color printed & laminated ones for $75/pair for years but think it's time to raise the price. When I factor in my overhead and all costs, I am coming up pretty much double that price. My question is would $150/pair be out of line?

weyandsign

We charge $125. 150 is still fair. $75 barely covers your expense. Don't be afraid to put some money in your pocket.

Medina Signs

Old Member
Don't forget to check any local competitors' prices - We've had magnets turn into big jobs - sometimes you can attribute some of the "loss" to new customer acquisition.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Yes, some of those mag jobs do turn into really big jobs, but not generally from being cheap. More likely from good quality work and great service. If someone is gonna nickle and dime ya on magnetics, don't ya think they'll do the same on a bigger job ??

Billct2

Magnets are one of those weird products, would you charge the same price for lettering a pair of truck door aprx the same size as you would for a pair of magnets?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Magnets are one of those weird products, would you charge the same price for lettering a pair of truck door aprx the same size as you would for a pair of magnets?
Exactly. Back before computers, when it was all handpainted, we get about $90 to hand letter two truck doors with two colors. Then, ya get this lunkhead who would say..... hey, these things are only temporary, can ya do 'em for say......... $35. ?? Ahh...... no, why ?? Do you think it takes less time to paint on an easel then the side of your truck, plus the cost of magnetic material added in ??

Granted, it is easier with printing, computers and all that, but really..... making them dirt cheap is not gonna get ya a lotta groceries on your table...... or a case of :beer

TopFliteGraphics

Gino - I always wondered why the pricing for magnets was generally lower than basically the same graphics installed on truck doors. The temporary reasoning makes sense. Never thought of it that way.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Gino - I always wondered why the pricing for magnets was generally lower than basically the same graphics installed on truck doors. The temporary reasoning makes sense. Never thought of it that way.

Not only the customer's think this way, but so do the sign people doing for ridiculous prices.

Ya see, if ya come into this industry through a backdoor, ya don't know the logic behind certain conditions or scenarios. That's not aimed at you, but the many thousands of sign shops with this silly mentality.

So, next time ya get the brakes changed on your car or new tires all around or just about anything done repairwise on your car, just say to the guy, hey...... this is the second time around for these things and since they're gonna wear out soon, do I get a discount for temporary parts and labor ??

Billct2

1.JPG