• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Magnetics don't work on Aluminum...Duh. But WHAT does?!

DPkleonard

Good Morning! I have a client who needs magnetics for his sub-contrators vehicles, BUT, he has MANY who have aluminum doors.
He cannot use cut vinyl - it has to be removable AND reusable. They must apply as soon as they clock in, meaning, they WILL be driving with them on.
Thanks in advance for all suggestions :)

CSOCSO

I don't hate paint, I just overlay it.
well... this is just a stupid idea.
remove door panels inside. glue magnets on the inside panel. now the magnetic sign will work. It's a little bit extreme but it should work. maybe glue another piece of a magnetic sign inside?

I do not recommend static cling. I am pretty sure it won't hold.

strong velcro? they have white ones and black ones. i am pretty sure you only need velcro on sides. not on the top or the bottom or the graphics. print on coraplast or something lightweight

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Good Morning! I have a client who needs magnetics for his sub-contrators vehicles, BUT, he has MANY who have aluminum doors.
He cannot use cut vinyl - it has to be removable AND reusable. They must apply as soon as they clock in, meaning, they WILL be driving with them on.
Thanks in advance for all suggestions :)

This material will work for that, just have them place it onto a piece of release liner when they want to remove them. iDot11.jpg

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
We have done several on Phototex for people. They have to save the liners too if they want to remove and save.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
remove door panels inside. glue magnets on the inside panel. now the magnetic sign will work. It's a little bit extreme but it should work. maybe glue another piece of a magnetic sign inside?

Not so sure...I grew up in a body shop and know first-hand the backsides of doors have a sound deadening undercoating. Not necessarily all over, but in a good majority of the panel. I have to believe it's even more so with aluminum panels.

JB

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Not so sure...I grew up in a body shop and know first-hand the backsides of doors have a sound deadening undercoating. Not necessarily all over, but in a good majority of the panel. I have to believe it's even more so with aluminum panels.

JB

I too was raised by a wild pack of bodymen/painters and there are bound to be lots of things in the way including reinforcement beams for the softer aluminum.

wayne k
guam usa

Christian @ 2CT Media

I have gone a lot faster then 70 with it on my car and its no issue at all.

I have used a competitors version of this product since 2014, it's the only suitable magnet replacement we have found. Works great at all speeds.

I'm sure the GansInk version is better though as it looks like they have improved on a few of the things we dont like about the Easy dot product

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I have used a competitors version of this product since 2014, it's the only suitable magnet replacement we have found. Works great at all speeds.

I'm sure the GansInk version is better though as it looks like they have improved on a few of the things we dont like about the Easy dot product

Exactly! I took the easy dot and made it better.

DPkleonard

Thanks! I'm also getting some to test!