• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Maintenance Station and wiper replacement VJ1604

Robert M

Cap Top

First off you will need to take the complete MS assembly out to change the cap top. (from my experience, fat fingers can't pull it off in the printer)
Once this is done you will see the cap is held in place at three points. On the left side are two hooks and on the right a T that rides in a slot. Push down on the right side and work it off the 2 hooks on the left. Now seperate it from the spring and three black tubes. Blow some fluid through the tubes to make sure they are clear. The real trick is attaching those three tubes while compressing the spring. While you have it out check all the lines and make sure they are clear of dried ink. Also do a good job cleaning around the wiper and the track it moves on.
FYI. Mutoh does not supply that part, but Mimaki does! I have them in stock. www.solventinkjet.com
PS, if anyone out there can change this while in the printer, I am impressed.

heyskull

Hi all

I still haven't found time to replace all this assembly.
Can I just remove the rubber seal of my new assembly and replace the old one?
Is this seal removeable and how?!

SC

Robert M

Cap top

Even if you could I wouldn't. Take it out and do it right. You will want to clean it all up and make sure all the ink lines are clear, clean around the wiper track etc.