• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Major CorelDRAW X3 Problem

Techman

i have in the past done it many times..
When we had a shop... it was a regular occurance. We would have the OS and drivers folder hidden on the hard drive,, when the client called about a problem, we would have them describe it,, on the spot log in to their machine and fix it remotely.. at least attempt to.. IT would save them money, and us valuable time..

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
Techman said:
The fix seems to be this: You have to be an Install shield expert..
The following steps set up a condition on the FindRelatedProducts action so that only one instance is called:

1. Navigate to the Sequences view.

2. Expand the Installation folder.

3. Expand the Execute sequence.

4. Click the FindRelatedProducts action.

5. Find the Condition field on the right side of the screen. Add the condition NOT ISSETUPDRIVEN to this field if it is not already present.

All this is found in the sequence table..

I have seen this procedure described before. What I would like to know is how you get into the Upgrade Table or whatever dialog box has this stuff in order to execute the procedure.

Where do you go in Windows to do it?

As for questions about checking the registry, I've been through it repeatedly and deleted any Corel keys I could find. I've also deleted every mention of Corel found in Windows explorer.

This really does seem to be an issue with the Windows Installer itself and nothing else. The act of actually fixing it is a pretty big problem.

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
BUMP.

Well, after investigating just about every possible solution I finally "punted" and did a factory reset on my work computer to get CorelDRAW X3 to install again.

My machine is a Dell Dimension 9100 running WinXP ProSP2 (Pentium D 840 CPU, 2GB RAM, GeForce 6800, yadda yadda yadda). Did the kinda secret Ctrl+F11 thing at boot up to launch the factory restore, which formats all but the hidden partition on C:\ and gets the machine back into its original state.

CorelDRAW X3 installed fine once that was done. But then came the long, arduous task of installing everything else. Loading Adobe Production Studio isn't for the faint of heart (5 DVD-ROM discs, an 80 minute install time and then 80+ MB of updates to download and install). Gahhh!

Oh well, I'm glad everything is back up and running. Once I get the rest of my apps installed tomorrow I'll set a definite restore point for that!

signage

Bob Look into Acronis it will make your life easier if you ever have restore to this point. For what it can do it is a cheap investment and will save you time if you ever need to get to this same point.