• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

making new logo

randys graphics

yes i have made this logo for my business wanting some input if anyone got in better ideals or design thanks again for everyone help

Attachments

• rcs.jpg
    rcs.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 118

RobbyMac

Generally a good idea to weld your script letter connectors together.

Wouldn't hurt to weld the outline/dropshade on the bastardized serpentine 'p' & 'h' also.
but in our neck of the woods your really cool if you ditch the p & h for a f anyways.

randys graphics

ok the red bay is where i live at... and would like more info on the welding i design my logo in corel draw still learning the program thanks everyone for yalls input

toucan_graphics

I would change the script font. The script on an angle makes it look random. Changing the font and leveling out pulls it together a bit better in my opinion.

I switched it up a bit and splashed some color. I still don't like it but perhaps it might spark an idea for someone who has a better eye than me.

randys_graphics.jpg

visual800

drop the big FAT G. Nothing more in life irritates me more when someone uses a larger letter without outlining the others to match the stroke or inlining that larger one. the script you chose is "too tight" for the application, loosen it up

Patentagosse

'Looks like a design from 10 years ago. If you're just starting in the business, maybe you should have worked few years for someone else or took few lessons in art school. Don't get me wrong, I don't wanna be rude but if you're going to design for customers, maybe it could be a good idea to master your software before (welding, etc...) in order to avoid costly mistakes on your client's job. That being said bro, we all started somewhere and our 1st jobs were not at the same level as the ones we do now. Learning curve...

MichaelAlmand

Patentagosse said:
'Looks like a design from 10 years ago. If you're just starting in the business, maybe you should have worked few years for someone else or took few lessons in art school. Don't get me wrong, I don't wanna be rude but if you're going to design for customers, maybe it could be a good idea to master your software before (welding, etc...) in order to avoid costly mistakes on your client's job. That being said bro, we all started somewhere and our 1st jobs were not at the same level as the ones we do now. Learning curve...

Well put.

randys graphics

thanks for everyone input and for the one that said something about art school well way i look at it u got start some where no one said i was design any logos for anyone yet so i would like to know where you got your start at but thanks for your comment and your input

Dentafrice

thanks for everyone input and for the one that said something about art school well way i look at it u got start some where no one said i was design any logos for anyone yet so i would like to know where you got your start at but thanks for your comment and your input
I honestly find it hard to decipher some of your posts sometimes.

If you're not going to design for anyone else, why do you say they are "Randy's Graphics" in the possessive form?

If you're not designing for other people, are you only replicating their artwork and cutting them/printing them? No design whatsoever?

I'm not coming about this the wrong way because I don't have the best grammar sometimes, but I usually can put my thoughts into a pretty well structured piece. If you're going to communicate effectively with your clients, you need to work on your grammar a bit.

Just from your post above you seem to be getting on the defensive when you're the one asking for help (from the "well way I look at it" standpoint).

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Yet Another typographical train wreck, this time enhanced by technical and aesthetic malfeasance.

If this is going to be on your window to the world, don't quit your day job.

Dentafrice

Oh in regards to what you said about you not designing... why does your Facebook say this?

"Favorite Quotations "We Design What You Have In Mind""